Sr. Test Engineer- Manual/Automation
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role
The Test Engineer will focus on the development and execution of manual and automated scripts which validate the functionality and usability of the application under test. In addition, they will provide test metrics and address any issues and concerns which may affect project schedule to the Test Lead.
What you will do
- Execute functional testing along with an ability to identify opportunities for automation and create scripts in Java using Selenium
- Design, build, and maintain effective test automation solutions which meet requirements and specifications. (Smoke, Functional, Regression, Performance, etc.)
- Automate and execute test cases using testing tools, scripting tools and development tools (Selenium, Perfecto, Java)
- Prepare functional matrix for test areas assigned and perform a walkthrough with the appropriate project team members to ensure accurate and complete coverage of designated area.
- Write effective manual or automated test scripts within the framework of approved testing tools (Selenium), using documented requirements and technical specifications provided by project team
- Provide test status and raise issues and potential risks to Test Lead
- Execute manual/automated scripts using automated tools during system, regression, acceptance, Gold test cycle.
- Effectively document defects using automated defect tracking software.
- Prepare metrics to provide test status and effectively communicate issues and potential risks to project schedule.to the test lead.
What you’ll need:
- B. S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related disciplines
- 5+ years of software test experience
- 1-2 years of automated test experience in Selenium with Java
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Proficient in the use of automated tools used to support testing (e.g. test management, automated testing, defect tracking, etc.
Who you are:
- Enthusiastic about learning new techniques, strong analytical and problem-solving skill
- Good judgment, prompt decision-making ability, responsibility and accountability
- Commitment to teamwork
- Excellent communication, analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:36244
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top