Sr. Test Engineer
- Darien, CT
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
" - 5 - 7 years of software test experience
- 1+ years of automated test experience
- 5 + years of experience in writing complex SQL queries using PL/SQL
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Proficient in the use of automated tools used to support testing (e.g. test management, automated testing, defect tracking, etc.)
- Abilty to work and collaborate with a team.
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies
- Project work delivered on-time within budget
- All work products are delivered with high quality
- Provide detailed and relevant analysis based on test results, which is used to make technical decisions for projects
- Delivery of software project with no critical defects.
- Effective and timely communication of issues/concerns to project team.
• Review and provide technical, value-added, documented input to requirements, design specifications based on testing requirements.
• Write effective manual or automated test scripts within the framework of approved testing tools (Selenium, and Cucumber using Java), using documented requirements and technical specifications provided by project team.
• Plan, develop, and implement a Software Test Plan for each project release cycle.
• Attend weekly project meetings and provide inputs from the Testers' perspective.
• Develop the test plan for the tasks, dependencies and participants required to mitigate the risks to system quality and obtain stakeholder support for this plan.
• Develop complex SQL scripts that validate business requirements and source to target mapping.
• Execute manual/automated test and database scripts for functional, usability, backend, performance and load/stress testing.
• Provide test status and raise issues and potential risks to stakeholders.
• Effectively document defects using automated defect tracking software.
• Experince with CRM (Siebel, Sugar) a huge plus.
Job Requisition ID:36196
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top