Sr Systems Engineer
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
EMEA Audio Visual Engineer
EMEA Region has a large number of offices and it’s constantly expanding with new offices or refresh of older offices. These conference rooms and meeting areas that have built-in AV and conferencing technologies require daily and periodic maintenance to ensure we can deliver and provide an expected high quality demand from our associates. This is position is crucial of the success of our delivery of a high standard Audio Visual services.
Responsible for collaborating with our management team, AV Vendors, World Wide Technical Support teams, and company employees to deliver an array of customer service focusing on integration, installation and provide assistance in conference room’s technologies and internal events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the AV team to provide input to vendors regards project design to adhere to Gartner Standards
- Work closely with IT & REWP Project management
- Internal reporting and review – continually making sure we are in line with globally deployed technology solutions, i.e. in line with NA and APAC so that associate experience remains consistent. Feeding back end user experience in order to evaluate and adjust delivery standards.
- Knowledge of AV systems and integrated dependencies – Systems, Networks, Power etc
- Able to review, understand CAD drawings, floor plans and adhere to the Gartner AV Standard.
- Strong project management skills to deliver a turnkey solution to Gartner users.
- Strong knowledge of Cisco WebEx codec line, CUCM registrations, TMS, TMS-XE, Biamp, Crestron, Extron, Barco Click share.
- Great understanding of video/audio routing of all devices in a room.
- Communicating back to business leaders/associates within region – change management
- Internal project delivery back to WWTS for ongoing support
- Facilitate maintenance support between vendor and regional support/end user
- Training and documentation
- Collaborate with AV team leads on Budgeting of future projects – forecasting
- Adhering to project timelines – delivery dates
- Site visits as part of project design and delivery
- On boarding of new technology – integration into delivery
- Collaborate with AV team leads with Vendor management – making sure we receive the best advice, the highest level of service and competitive pricing
- Internal procurement process
- Asset management – liaise with assets team and finance to migrate assets between regions
- Keep up with future technologies & always looking for opportunities to continuously improve both technologies and processes
- Provide WWTS training and standards in order to operate and test daily functionality of all AV and integrated conference rooms
- Make sure routine testing and problem diagnosis are performed to projectors, microphones, speakers, amplifiers & LCD/Plasma Displays.
- Perform preventative maintenance to resolve problem or identify resolution to appropriate vendor or manufacturer
- Troubleshoot AV problems last minute as required as well as non-critical situations
- Assist with company meetings/functions that require use of AV infrastructure (audio, video conferencing, webcasting, visual display or projection, and control system (AMX, Crestron) operations
- Interact with our Help Desk ticketing system to respond to end user requests and escalations
- Coordinates with Gartner Associates and staff to determine AV basic infrastructure requirements for any new conference room or media
- Travel to Gartner sites to deliver AV projects.
Job Requisition ID:37972
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top