Sr Specialist, Research
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
About this role:
This role is responsible for conducting market research activities that ensure appropriate vendor to market alignment of Peer Insights markets. High reliability of market alignment is necessary for quality assurance of data that feeds into content deliverables and end user experience.
What you’ll do:
- Ability to effectively communicate value of Peer Insights, and describe Peer Insights markets relative to Gartner research markets
- Conduct market research of vendors and products research to:
- Evaluate vendors fit to a market (leveraging existing criteria)
- Determine veracity of vendor/product name change requests
- Validate merger & acquisition activities
- Maintain audit trail of market cleanup activities, results of market research activities, and correspondence with analysts, in a centralized location available to be accessed by stakeholders
- Monitor MQ/MG publication dates and changes to markets (new, rename, retire, merge, etc.); communicate changes to internal stakeholders in order to drive consistency with Peer Insights markets, CCD/VoC roadmap, and research linkages.
- Develop strong understanding of the IT industry in general, and expertise in specific domains as required
- Interact with analysts, product stakeholders and project manager on regular basis to keep updated on progress and raise flag whenever necessary
This opportunity gives researchers an exposure to the full range of Sales topics. Topics covered in the
What you will need:
- 3-5 years’ experience in IT research industry with strong understanding of the industry
- Market research experience with ability to evaluate and analyze information, and demonstrate critical thinking
- Project management and client management experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to coach others in a team
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills
- Excellent English (written and verbal)
- BE/B.Tech from Grade-A engineering colleges; Graduate + MBA (Marketing or Ops) from leading B-schools (Grads. in economics or business studies can also be considered).
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner research team enjoys exceptional benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Great on job learning
- Inordinate work life balance
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the valuable partner to clients in more than 10,000 distinct enterprises worldwide. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Executive Programs, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, we work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has 8,300 associates, including over 1,800 research analysts and consultants, and clients in more than 90 countries.
Job Requisition ID:31785
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top