Sr Specialist, Research
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
About this role:
The Sales practice aims to hire a Senior Research Specialist for the Peer & Practitioner group in the India Research COE, and is currently accepting applications. The selected incumbent will be part of the product team addressing cutting-edge issues facing today’s senior-most Sales executives at leading, global corporations. The COE will provide you with opportunities to converse with Sales leaders, identify and creatively solve complex problems, design tools/frameworks to support members (clients) in critical processes, and help organizations transform the way they operate.
This role involves delivering high quality, implementation-oriented products like how-to guides (built using client interviews and secondary research), frameworks, business case decks, process maps, and tools and templates among others.
What you’ll do:
- Build a deep understanding of Sales executives’ workflow to create actionable and insightful content
- Articulate the underlying drivers to a problem or observation (i.e. apply reasoning beyond surface-level observations) using analytical tools such as root cause analysis.
- Develop insights that are practical and actionable (not academic) grounded in Sales executives’ workflow, and should help drive a change in behavior/ improve productivity.
- Conduct interviews with executives, academics, and industry experts in search of best practices, tools, and artifacts.
- Effectively translate insights into compelling implementation products that are easy-to-use, intuitive, and can be easily integrated into the member workflow.
- Drive product and process innovations to improve member experience and drive commercial impact.
- Present research findings via both written and verbal delivery to internal and external stakeholders.
- Deliver on a regular calendar of research deliverables – Ignition Guides, tool, whitepapers, and blogs– around a specific Sales functional area.
This opportunity gives researchers an exposure to the full range of Sales topics. Topics covered in the past include – account & opportunity management, key account management, sales leadership & strategy and sales manager effectiveness among others. To that end, we are looking for creative, analytically strong, articulate and self-motivated individuals who would like to develop a strong knowledge of the terrain along with building consultative problem-solving skills.
What you will need:
- Bachelors with 6-8 years of research/management consulting, or Masters with 3-5 years of experience
- Strong analytical skills and ability to distill data into important, relevant ''so what's'' for senior managers
- Self-driven and can work with geographically spread teams
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Strong appetite to dive deep into a given content terrain to develop expertise and distill key findings.
- Demonstrated poise, maturity, and judgment in dealing with members
- Proven competence for meeting deadlines, multi-tasking under pressure and managing work under ambiguity
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with particular attention to precision of language and ability to organize information logically.
- Extensive knowledge of MS-Excel, MS-Word and MS-PowerPoint.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner research team enjoys exceptional benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Great on job learning
- Inordinate work life balance
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the valuable partner to clients in more than 10,000 distinct enterprises worldwide. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Executive Programs, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, we work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has 8,300 associates, including over 1,800 research analysts and consultants, and clients in more than 90 countries.
Job Requisition ID:32438
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Joe G.Client Partner Area Manager
Joe and his team of six work to understand the mission-critical priorities of Gartner clients and align company resources to help achieve goals and deliver excellent customer service experiences.
Back to top