Sr Specialist, Business Analytics
- Gurgaon, India
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner Research, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you’ll not only help clients through insights on strategic and management topics, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you are someone who is intellectually curious and principally motivated by ideas, Gartner is looking for you.
About this role:
The Senior Specialist, Business Analytics (RBA) team is part of the Research & Advisory Strategy (R&A) organization. We power fact-based decision making by providing data, insights and analytic tools to continuously improve our business – operationally and strategically. We are growing our team substantially and we are looking for a Senior Specialist, Business Analytics to help us grow our analytics team. This individual will help drive operational and strategic projects for R&A in line with overall corporate objectives. As a part of the RBA team, he/she will consult with and provide tools for access and analysis to R&A business units globally for corporate-wide data initiatives. The role offers broad exposure to Gartner’s business and is an ideal entry-point for longer term careers within Gartner.
What you’ll do:
- Generate meaningful insights by preparing data models that can cater to key metrics tracked by various Research teams.
- Provide data insights, translate and communicate finding with actionable solutions using data visualization tools.
- Maintain business databases, assemble, sort and process business data and perform necessary analyses to produce monthly and quarterly Research Business Analytics reporting. Develop or convert queries related to report production to improve efficiency and accuracy. Automate reports where feasible.
- Track and maintain regular reporting produced by Research Business Analytics. Also take independent responsibility for several monthly and quarterly reports.
- Partner with RBA colleagues to define and develop analytics reporting in support of strategic Research initiatives.
What you will need:
- Experience: 3-5 years of business experience involving handling of data for reporting/analysis/modeling
- Education: Master’s Degree with strong academics required. Degree with a concentration in quantitative discipline like statistics, economics or engineering preferred.
- Technical competency: Demonstrated ability to quickly master advanced software tools. Advanced Excel required. Skill with SQL, Power BI, Toad Data Point or VBA. Working knowledge of data science tools such as Python/R to conduct predictive/prescriptive analysis on either B2B/B2C business scenarios
Who you are:
Some of the shared characteristics of our successful hires include:
- Sound logic to solve business problems using structured approach
- Aspiration to constantly learn and improve
- Ability to gather, analyze, restructure, identify and articulate insights from qualitative and quantitative data
- Self-driven and can work as a part of geographically- distributed teams.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner research team enjoys exceptional benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Great on job learning
- Inordinate work life balance
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:38302
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top