Sr Software Engineer
- Gurgaon, India
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
About this role
The Data Engineering position is responsible for design, implementation, and support of Python based data pipelines to help fulfill data access and aggregation functionality for our sales and service delivery strategy
What you will do
- Establish methodologies for quickly rolling out new data analysis capabilities for standalone data-driven products and service to support our associates.
- Have end-to-end responsibility for leading projects focused on extracting, merging, analyzing and managing large sets of data across multiple, disparate databases
- Be able to transform unstructured raw data in to formats suitable for statistical modeling
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge of and ability to operationalize, leading data technologies and best practices
- Be responsible for maintaining project plans, clean code, and well-written documentation
- Be able to work in teams and collaborate with stakeholders to define requirements
- Make decisions independently on analytical problems and methods
- Be able to identify and suggest novel areas of future work for themselves or the team
- Be able to work in a globally distributed team in an Agile/Scrum approach
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Statistics, or a related field
- 5+ years of data engineering or other data-intensive development experience
- Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data
- Advanced knowledge of programming languages such as Python or Java
- Experience building scalable data models and performing complex relational databases queries using SQL (Oracle, MySQL), etc.
- Experience with Python ORMs like SQLAlchemy and Python libraries like Pandas, Scikit-Learn, Numpy and Scipy
- Experience with Big Data tools like Spark, Hadoop, Amazon EMR.
- Experience working on Cloud platforms like AWS including – EMR, RDS, EC2, Vault, ECS, S3, EFS, etc.
- Knowledge of algorithms and statistics and at least some experience in data mining, machine learning, and/or natural language processing
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to detect and resolve data/analytics quality issues
Who you are:
- Ability to work and collaborate with a team.
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies
- Project work delivered on-time within budget
- All work products are delivered with high quality
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Flexible work environment
- A great work culture
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A – Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:39627
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top