Sr Software Developer, Full Stack
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
Gartner is looking for well-rounded and motivated developers to join the Gartner Peer Insights team. The Peer Insights team is responsible for developing all customer facing web and mobile properties for Gartner Peer Insights, a Review & Ratings platform for Enterprise Software Products, Vendors and Services. The team works on the latest and greatest in high performance web development, data science, community development and mobile technologies.
What you’ll do:
- Fluently code in Java Spring or similar J2EE frameworks.
- Work with Open source technologies and applications.
- Work in a fast paced Agile/SCRUM environment.
- Follow coding standards, build appropriate unit tests, integration tests and deployment scripts
- Assist in defining software architectures – Collaborate with leads to explore existing systems, determine areas of opportunities.
- Translate designs and style guides provided by the Design team into functional user interfaces, ensuring cross browser compatibility and performance.
- Contribute to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to user interface, software architecture or new technologies.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related engineering field w/experience in software development
- 5+ years of experience developing customer facing web applications.
- 5+ years of experience in Java Spring or similar J2EE frameworks.
- 5+ years of experience coding using object-oriented and aspect-oriented programming, architecture and design patterns.
- Strong understanding of Restful API principles.
- Strong understanding of security best practices.
- Strong experience with unit testing and end-to-end testing.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Who you are:
- Excellent Communication and Prioritization skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively across the IT organization (infrastructure/test/back office groups).
- Ability to work independently or within a team, proactively, in a fast-paced AGILE-SCRUM environment.
- Owns success – Takes responsibility for successful delivery of the solutions.
- Strong desire to improve upon their skills in software development, frameworks and technologies
What we offer:
- In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Job Requisition ID:G22264
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID G22264
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Client Partner Area Manager
Joe and his team of six work to understand the mission-critical priorities of Gartner clients and align company resources to help achieve goals and deliver excellent customer service experiences.
Back to top