Sr Software Developer
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About the Role:
The ideal candidate will be someone who has excellent technology and software development skills. They have contributed to building and supporting applications and systems that people use in a production environment on a regular basis.
What you’ll do:
You will be part of a development team that is building and supporting custom applications for Gartner’s clients. This position will provide an opportunity to work with on several different technologies including browser plugins, data services and data science.
What you’ll need:
- University degree in Bachelor of Engineering or a Master’s degree in CS with 5-7 years of experience in software development
- Experience with different databases technologies (Relational, NoSQL, Graph, Document, Key-Value, Time Series, etc…). This should include building and managing scalable data models.
- Experience with front end web frameworks like React and Angular.
- Experience in developing and consuming web services
- Experience using automated build systems (CI/CD)
- Experience with version control tools (Git, Subversion)
- Knowledge of internal Search engines (Solr, ElasticSearch, etc…)
- Knowledge of micro services architectures
- Knowledge of Container technologies like Docker, Consul, Nomad, Vault, Kubernetes, etc…
- Knowledge of cloud based platforms (AWS)
- Knowledge of integration technologies (REST, JSON, XML, HTTP, etc…)
- Ability to interact well with both internal associates and external clients in resolving operational issues.
- Must be able to provide accurate estimates of technology work and deliver high quality work on schedule
- Ability to identify systemic operational issues and resolve them
- Excellent Communication and Prioritization skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively across the IT organization (infrastructure/test/back office groups).
- Ability to work independently or within a team, proactively, in a fast-paced AGILE-SCRUM environment.
- Owns success – Takes responsibility for successful delivery of the solutions.
- Strong desire to improve upon their skills in software development, frameworks and technologies
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company. The company helps business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions. Gartner’s comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries. For more information, visit www.gartner.com .
Job Requisition ID:G20050
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID G20050
Back to top