Sr Software Developer
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you ll be part of a fast-growing team thathelps the world become smarter and more connected. We re the leader in ourindustry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the rightdecisions with business and technology insights they can t find anywhere else.Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training andcareer developmentas well as unlimited growth potential. If you like workingwith a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want tobe.
Role: Sr. Software Developer Role Purpose:
Drive optimization of infrastructureand application development deployment life cycles through the use of immutableinfrastructure as code methodologies
- Collaborate with across-functional team of application developers, operations engineers,architects to understand complex product requirements and translate them intoautomated solutions.
- Collaborate with colleagues to support andimprove architecture, systems, processes, standards and tools.
- Participate inarchitectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successfuldeployment, security, and high availability in the cloud
- Write and maintaincode for automating the creation of scalable/resilient systems/infrastructure
- Design, implement, and maintain server,storage, network, and security infrastructure
- Work withapplication teams to move existing applications to AWS through lift-and-Shiftand refactoring migration strategies
- Develop,implement, and test data backup and recovery, and disaster recovery procedures
- Write and maintainclear, concise documentation, runbooks and operational standards includinginfrastructure diagrams
- Ensure all solutions are properly monitoredand instrumented
- Troubleshoot andresolve complex issues in development, test and production environments
- 6 - 8 years ofexperience in Software Development, Infrastructure Engineering or Operationalrole such as DevOps, Site Reliability Engineer
- Bachelor s degree in computer science orrelated focus, or equivalent experience
- Strong verbal& written communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborateacross teams and organizations
- Familiar with thefundamentals of web application and relational database architectures
- Adept at learningand applying new technologies and solving new problems
- Understanding of agile and other developmentprocesses and methodologies
- Understanding ofimmutable infrastructure and infrastructure as code concepts
- Familiar withLinux and/or Windows operating systems
- Shell, Python,Groovy, Powershell or other programming language experience is a must
- Knowledge of thevarious services and capabilities of cloud computing platforms (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of CI/CDprocesses and tools (Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Prior experienceusing automation tools (Terraform, Cloudformation, ARM, Ansible, HashiCorpPacker, Puppet, Chef) desired
- Experience using/operating HashicorpVault/Consul desired
- Knowledge ofDocker containers and related orchestration technologies is a plus
- In-depth knowledgeworking with and managing Git (Bitbucket,Github)
- Hands-onexperience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) such as IAM, EC2, EBS, ELB, RDS, S3,Route 53, NAT Gateways, VPCs, CloudWatch, Lambda scripts, highly desirable
- Educate/mentorproduct teams and junior engineers
AWS Certifications a plus (AWSCertified: SysOps Administrator, DevOps Engineer, Solutions Architect)
Impact of Role:
Shorten provisioning time, provideself-service capabilities, and provide a more agile & streamlinedapplication development and IT operations environment
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapidadvancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation andbenefits, including:
An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity,collaboration, results and a no-limits mind-set are central to our values
Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals andadvance within the company
Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo Exposure to industry leading training and development Performance-based recognition and rewards About Gartner:
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world s leading informationtechnology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-relatedinsight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. Wework with every client to research, analyse and interpret the business of ITwithin the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner isheadquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. - Visit www.gartner.com tolearn more
Job Requisition ID:G22161
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID G22161
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Client Partner Area Manager
Joe and his team of six work to understand the mission-critical priorities of Gartner clients and align company resources to help achieve goals and deliver excellent customer service experiences.
Back to top