Sr. Software Developer
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Sr. JAVA/C# DEVELOPER – Data Harvesting Engineering
TalentNeuron™ (TN) is a business intelligence platform. TalentNeuron is part of the Big Data and Advanced Analytics Revolution: it provides insight and analysis on labor markets based on the study of a unique dataset of multibillion historical labor market records across 20 countries.
We are currently seeking a talented Sr. JAVA/C# Developer to join the software development team in our Quebec City office.
Reporting to the Manager Software Development, this new addition to the TalentNeuron Team will contribute to the transformation of our data harvesting platform.
Participate actively to one of our biggest challenge: Big Data (1TB/week) harvesting;
- Develop and improve the tools, the process and the data harvesting engines;
- Identify and develop automated validation tools for the harvested data;
- Ensure the proper functioning of the production;
- Maintain an excellent level of robustness and code quality;
- Ensure on time delivery;
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with team members in order to come up with the best solutions;
- Testing and participating in the deployment and continuous evolution of products;
- Perform any other relevant task.
- Degree in computer programming or in any relevant field;
- 5 - 7 years of experience as a developer or programmer/analyst;
- Proficiency in C# and/or Java;
- Knowledge of Internet protocols : TCP/IP, DNS, SSL/TLS;
- Good knowledge of MySQL;
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows;
- Proficiency in English and French;
- Resourceful and relentless in the resolution of technical challenges;
- Passionate about Big Data challenges;
- Excellent Teamwork skills;
- Exposure to agile methodologies (SCRUM)
- Exposure to cloud technologies (AWS, Azure)
Job Requisition ID:37737
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top