Sr Security Engineer
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
As a Sr. Security Engineer, you will manage risk to Gartner’s reputation, customers and Information Technology by engineering world class, cost effective controls that are well integrated with other IT initiatives.
- Develop secure cloud solutions including CASB, DLP, log management, encryption
- Develop infrastructure as code patterns for cloud systems and applications
- Engineer security enhancements to components such as MFA, EDR, encryption, forensics
- Build reusable security architecture patterns to help improve compliance and speed to deliver for global IT teams
- Design minimally invasive solutions to solve enterprise challenges
- Work with IT Security Operations team to develop solutions for SIEM data integration and correlation
- Work with IT, Cloud and Product teams to ensure systems are deployed following principal of least privileged access
- Build technical standards and policy
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, or equivalent.
- 6+ years of technical IT engineering experience across servers, desktop and mobile platforms
- 3+ years of experience with complex data security systems including DLP, SIEM, CASB
- 3+ years of experience in information security and/or risk management
- 2+ years of experience engineering solutions in a multivendor cloud environment – IaaS and SaaS providers
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills; commitment to team collaboration and training
- Hands on experience developing and engineering solutions in enterprise scale Microsoft and Unix environments
- Experience hardening operating system platforms, application servers, databases
- Scripting experience (Unix shell, Windows PowerShell, Python etc)
- Hands on experience managing SIEM solutions
- Experience extending on premises security functions such as MFA to cloud based services
- Experience automating deployment, controls and response in cloud providers such as AWS, GCP, Azure and leveraging common Infrastructure as Code tools (Jenkins, Git, etc)
- Strong understanding of encryption, key management, rights management, authentication, authorization, privilege management and fundamental application security concepts
- Commitment to documentation and tracking results via enterprise ticketing/collaboration platforms
- Building policy, strategy and pattern documentation
Job Requisition ID:25424
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID 25424
Back to top