Sr Researcher, Semiconductor, SRS, Gartner Research
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner Research, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you’ll not only help clients deliver on the promise of digital, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in technology, Gartner is looking for you.
About this Role:
The Senior Researcher Semiconductor will work with specific research teams to deliver high-impact, high quality and timely research. This role contributes to the estimation and forecasting of vendor market share and revenues aligned to specific research agendas and document types.
What you’ll do:
- Secondary research to gather Semiconductor vendor revenue and meta data
- Search and analyze public company financial reports
- Search and analyze sources of private company financial data
- Evidence gathering, understanding and interpreting individual vendor financial reporting
- Create ongoing body of knowledge
- Maintain ongoing record of vendor financial data and mapping to Gartner segmentation
- Work with analysts, understand the methodology, and assist in estimating the segment specific revenue split for public listed companies.
- Gather, document and store
- Keep content management system up to date
- Find, navigate and mine data sources in multiple locations and formats
- Websites, 10Ks, 10Qs, Annual Reports, Earnings Call Transcripts
- Report the findings in the form of a structured report or a pre-defined framework
- Deliver projects on time and maintain high quality standards of the deliverables
- Develop strong understanding of the IT industry in general and expertise in specific domains as required
- Interact with the analysts and Team manager on a regular basis to keep updated on the progress and raise flag whenever required; the communication should be crisp and clear
- Demonstrate complete ownership of the tasks/projects assigned
- In the future, possible involvement with Forecasting team
What you’ll need:
- BE/B.Tech degree and/or advanced professional qualification(s) in Electronics. Semiconductor market knowledge a plus
- 5 plus years’ experience working within technology field with strong knowledge across Semiconductors markets (for example, Memory, Microcontrollers, Analog ICs) complemented by a general understanding of the latest technology trends
Training and Certifications in CCNA, CCNP, MCSA, VLSI would be a plus.
- Proficient Excel user. Experience with modeling tools a plus
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Highly logical with excellent critical thinking skills. Must be able to quickly grasp and articulate the fundamentals of a market and what drives demand and growth.
- Good writing skills.
Who you are:
- Have experience in the research industry, or a period of work in the software, IT services, networking hardware, telecom or semiconductor industry will be a major advantage. Engineering in electronics will be useful.
- MS Word & Excel: Strong working knowledge of MS Office tools, including understanding of keyboard shortcuts and techniques such as lookups and pivot tables
- Ability to develop creative and apply ingenuity to conduct secondary research for challenging requests
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills
- Identify probable patterns to derive meaningful information
- Ability to “Triangulate” information & facts
- Ability to give independent opinions based on facts
- Acquainted with databases like Factiva, Capital IQ, One Source, Thomson, et al
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner research team enjoys exceptional benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Great on job learning
- Inordinate work life balance
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the valuable partner to clients in more than 10,000 distinct enterprises worldwide. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Executive Programs, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, we work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has 8,300 associates, including over 1,800 research analysts and consultants, and clients in more than 90 countries.
For more information, email email@example.com or visit www.gartner.com
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top