Sr. Product Owner/ Sr Program Manager
- Darien, CT
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
Design, implement and manage complex global cross-business-unit programs with business-critical outcomes and impact. Lead business analysis, process development and business system development for the L2 Research and Advisory teams.
- Lead all business analysis, process design/development and system migration efforts on behalf of the L2 Research and Advisory team.
- Support the achievement of business objectives and goals and satisfaction of business needs by designing, coordinating, implementing, managing, measuring and monitoring the effectiveness of Research programs. Support the strategic direction and execution of all projects and initiatives.
- Partner & collaborate within Research and with key business partners to develop and implement cohesive strategic programs. Capture operational & business requirements and successfully establish and execute on strategies and tactical plans.
- Process Management: demonstrate effective process management through process design, execution and service excellence.
- Process design – design excellent processes and/or optimize existing processes, using principles of efficiency, simplicity, leverage, data utilization, and change management.
- Process execution – end to end cost management, effective use of resources and feedback in all processes. Effective and timely issue resolution and root cause analysis.
- Service excellence – manage and execute process with a targeted strategy that will achieve measureable improvements in process effectiveness, process efficiency and client (internal and external) service satisfaction.
- Create and provide change management tools and techniques to manage the people side of change to achieve the required business outcome.
- Business Acumen – Maintain an excellent understanding of Research areas supported, internal/external business management & informational needs.
- Define and leverage project management best practices, tools, templates and standards, resulting in projects being on time, on budget and on target to deliver the anticipated business value.
- Apply project planning methodology to all projects, underpinned by fact-based data and change management methods. Create and manage success measurement criteria to continually assess outcomes to improve project execution.
- Implement regular project reporting (monthly/quarterly) to key stakeholders to communicate progress and metrics measurements.
- Take ownership of and define, deliver and manage Research programs on a global basis.
- Provide thought leadership on appropriateness of tools and process to program goals.
- Design and deliver program communications and presentations to all management levels within and beyond Research. Manage ongoing interactions and communications with internal stakeholders.
- Ability to both advise senior management on project design/direction & to lead and guide less experienced colleagues.
- Excellent project management skills inclusive of understanding business operations, process decomposition, scoping, planning, analytical, needs requirement, organization, initiative & problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of Gartner’s technologies and applications is desirable.
- Extensive knowledge of Project Management and Business Analyst tools such as Microsoft Project, Visio and Excel.
- High level of client service skills. Strong communication & change management skills. Ability to collaborate, negotiate and influence to manage diverse groups to reach successful outcomes.
- Leads and executes as an expert providing guidance and value along the way.
- Ability to work independently and as a collaborative team player, with excellent time management & prioritization skills to manage a heavy, diverse workload, multiple non-routine complex projects, often with competing priorities and tight deadlines, concurrently, maintaining complete control over process at all times.
- 7-10 year’s business experience, with progressive responsibility, in an extremely fast paced work environment
- In depth experience of the IT Research industry, preferably within Gartner or a similar Research or related environment.
- 5+ years successful project management experience involving implementation of large strategic projects in a complex matrixed organization with distributed virtual teams.
- Demonstrated track record of successful business analysis, design and management of optimized processes, projects and programs in a complex global workforce environment.
Job Requisition ID:36416
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
See Inside the Office of Gartner
Gartner is known as the world's leading research and advisory company. But what exactly does that mean? Gartner's teams conduct research, then design products and services based on those objective insights to help clients make the right decisions and be successful. The focus is C-suite senior executives and their teams across the enterprise.
Back to top