Sr. Principal, QUADS
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner Research, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll be of a team that delivers must-have research through compelling client interactions and contributes to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you’ll not only help clients deliver on the promise of digital, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity.
About this role:
The Quantitative Innovation group is currently seeking a Sr Principal QUADS to extend and deepen our analytic modeling capabilities. QUADS is short for Quantitative Analysis & Data Science, and you will be part of a QUADS team facing a range of opportunities to engage and collaborate with our extensive base of analysts to generate insightful quantitative underpinnings for our research across the IT market.
Based on input from our analysts, you will be asked to synthesize algorithms and models that will provide insights on where a given market is headed. You will also be tasked with exploring various data sets to uncover new insights, to drive valuable new content for our clients. Collaboration inside and outside of the QUADS team is key to the role, to conceive model solutions, build consensus and to oversee project execution. Therefore, in addition to a strong analytical mindset, you will also need strong communication skills to succeed.
What you’ll do:
As Sr Principal QUADS you will be responsible for:
PROVIDING TECHNICAL EXPERTISE:
- Leads the TSP QUADS team in the design and specification of leading-edge models and tools that effectively represent and visualize market theory.
- Develops and delivers models that are suitable for use by Gartner analysts and can be integrated with existing and future model portfolios and associated platforms and infrastructure.
- Consults with Gartner’s IT department on model / tool development, launch, maintenance and support.
- Manages the collection of data to support parameterization and running of forecast models.
- Documents techniques and models to support ongoing maintenance and enhancement within Gartner’s Technology & Service Provider (T&SP) group.
- Introduce continuous improvements for high client impact; explore and identify new methodologies/innovation to current processes
HYPOTHESES-DRIVEN RESEARCH DESIGN
- Ensure that algorithms and models are developed to support fact-based and hypotheses-driven research design
- Coach and train analysts to correctly translate and quantify research insights and hypotheses into model input
- Work with analysts to visualize model outcomes to clearly prove/disprove research hypotheses and tell a compelling data story
PROJECT EXECUTION & DELIVERY:
- Partner with Chiefs of Research to understand context of research agenda and priority requirements in order to align all project activities to business needs
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to ensure that projects are effectively scoped, managed, and of highest quality
- Ensure that projects meet ROI expectations, resources are effectively and efficiently deployed
- Increase leverage of data assets across research teams: Responsible for broad use of fact base by creating scalable outputs and driving awareness
LEADERSHIP & PEOPLE MANAGEMENT:
- Strong and clear communication to ensure that activities are aligned for maximum client impact
- Contribute to a First Team culture – collaborate efficiently with all stakeholders inside and outside of your own team, both to meet short term goals and to contribute to long-term strategic decisions
- Build strong connections across relevant parts of the Research & Advisory organizations, to facilitate collaboration and to identify new opportunities
- Form a solid understanding of Gartner’s global business model, especially as applied to how our quantitative research supports the various research agendas
- Drive for ROI/value from all market research initiatives, enabling investment in high impact projects that link directly in to retention, and new business
- Continuously evaluate and identify opportunities for improvement to advance agility, and create scalable long-term solutions to meet strategic business unit and corporate goals
Who you are:
- Minimum Bachelors’ Degree (or equivalent 4-year university degree) in a relevant numerical discipline such as Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Science.
- Post-graduate degree (i.e. MS/MBA/PHD) preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant data science experience – ideally in a market research related enterprise context
- Track record of innovative quantitative thinking and timely project execution
- Practical hands-on experience with model design (e.g. discrete choice modeling, econometric modeling), algorithm development, simulation techniques, and data analysis (ideally including natural language processing).
- Experience with multi-source data aggregation and analyses for the purpose of creating newsworthy insights
- Proficiency with programming and advanced analytics and statistical concepts; well versed in Python, Excel, SQL and other data science tools
- Strong leadership skills, well-rounded interpersonal skills and ability to coach others inside and outside of own team
- Experience with Agile/Scrum a preference
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Generous performance-based rewards
- Opportunities to strengthen market research expertise
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the valuable partner to clients in more than 10,000 distinct enterprises worldwide. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Executive Programs, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, we work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has 8,300 associates, including over 1,800 research analysts and consultants, and clients in more than 90 countries.
Job Requisition ID:29994
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top