Sr. Monitoring Engineer - Splunk
- Gurgaon, India
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
About this role:
Responsible for the management and coordination of day-to-day and strategic operations of our log analysis framework to advance the capabilities of our IT organizations which will reduce MTTR and increase our ability to deliver timely data to support business velocity.
What you’ll do:
- Develop L0-L2 SOP’s related to the operational support of the logging framework
- Collect and report relevant KPIs that clearly show value/ROI and progression of the log analysis service
- Stay abreast of emerging technology advancements of the current logging platform and/or open-source alternatives including implementation of pilots and/or POC/POV’s.
- Recognize and onboard new data sources into Splunk, analyze data for anomalies and trends, and build relevant dashboards/alerts that improve visibility.
- Develop/Refine organizations pattern based automated log ingestion via tight integration with existing/emerging technology pipelines and/or create a robust and repeatable onboarding process
- Ensure proper operation and performance of Splunk index cluster, search heads, other backend components, universal forwarders, modules/plug-ins, and connectors.
- Standardize Splunk agent deployment, configuration, and maintenance across multiple configuration management systems
- Develop, Manage, and maintain the organizations Event Management Framework.
What you’ll need:
- 7+ years of information technology experience, with a desired 5+ years in a role supporting the operational needs of a relevant enterprise log analysis framework.
- Excellent verbal & written communication
- In-depth experience installing, configuring, maintaining log analysis tools such as Splunk and ELK
- Basic familiarity with a wide array of IT monitoring tools, ITIL & DevOPS framework(s), and ITSM tools
- Proficiency in leveraging regular expression patterns
- Understanding of Windows Server and Linux Operating Systems Administration
- Hands-on & practical experience of log aggregation related to Cloud Platforms, server-less compute, and micro-services (Lamba, Docker, SSM,RDS)
- Ability to work independently with a strong sense of initiative and drive
- Ability to effectively interact with staff at all levels
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies
- Knowledge of Python and infrastructure automation technologies such as Ansible is desired
Who you are:
- Passionate about open source technologies, self-learner who keeps abreast with latest developments.
- Passion for automation and developing infrastructure as code.
- A team player who can comfortably work with distributed teams across the globe.
- Attentive to details and well organized.
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change.
- Coachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
What we offer:
- In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. – Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:32004
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top