Sr Market Research Specialist ( Social Media Analytics)
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
About this role:
Gartner Research is looking for an energetic and dynamic individual who is eager to learn new technologies and has a demonstrated track record in data analytics, quantitative & qualitative data interpretation and visualization. The social media analytics Research Specialist will help in generating actionable insights to drive the creation of fact-based research. At the core we are looking for a person who is passionate about learning new technologies, digging into rows of data & drawing recommendations from the insights that the data has to offer.
As a social media analytics Research Specialist, you will explore data to identify patters, detect variances and build visually appealing reports to share insights with the larger analyst community. You will closely work with various stakeholders to explore opportunities to optimize data mining techniques and improve the accuracy of insights generated.
What makes Gartner’s social media analytics a GREAT opportunity for you?
- You will have an individualized development plan geared towards acquiring the knowledge and skills that YOU need for long-term career success at Gartner.
- You will be mentored by top-notch professionals who are experts in their field, designed to deepen your subject matter expertise and broaden your peer networks.
As a member of Gartner’s social media analytics team, you must be a motivated, organized, critical thinker, with an ability to deliver to fixed time-bound commitments, with high quality. To support these conversations you will research markets, practices and trends and produce written research for Gartner clients to read and apply. The research specialist will be collaborating with their peers of all levels of seniority and geographies with poise.
What you’ll do:
- Analyze data, identify patterns from unstructured data sets and to draw useful insights / recommendations from them.
- Apply statistical and semantic frameworks for analyzing social media data
- Conduct primary and secondary research to define the scope & boundaries of the research undertaken
- Extensive use of Boolean Search functions, along with the use of social listening tools like Radian6, Social Studio, Talkwalker, Sysmos, Tracx, NetBase, etc.
- Display a passion for social media metrices & measurement techniques and a possess good knowledge of how different social media platforms work.
- Showcase creativity to go beyond current data visualization frameworks and deliver best ways to represent data
- Use R, Python and Tableau / PowerBI to segment and analyze voluminous data, which will also be a key selection criteria.
- Work independently on smaller to mid-sized projects, collaborate proactively with different stakeholders and display complete ownership of the task assigned.
- Display attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven atmosphere.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills, for writing in-depth research along with interacting with different stakeholders.
- Hands-on with the use of excel functions & formulas such as Pivots, Dashboarding, basic macros, etc.
- Define and conduct research in specific areas and in accordance to set timelines.
- Provide actionable advice over client interactions for your coverage areas via teleconference, video conference or webinar and event presentations.
- Actively collaborate with peers and contribute to establishing company research positions.
- Ensure integrity of research and analysis of self#LI-SS1
What you’ll need:
- Graduate + MBA from leading A & B-schools (BE/B.Tech from Grade A engineering colleges (will be added advantage)
- 4-5 years’ experience working within a technology or business field in a related discipline, with minimum of 3 years in social media listening and analytics role.
- Knowledge of the market for Cisco WebEx, Microsoft Teams, other meeting solutions on the market including enterprise video conferencing are all desirable.
- Ambitious, eager to learn about new technologies both inside and outside their field of expertise and willing to keep their finger on the pulse of the changing IT landscape to meet the demands of our customers.
- Training and Certifications in social media tools & data analytics frameworks would be a huge plus.
- Must have data analytics experience with programing languages and visualization tools such as R, Python, Tableau and PowerBI.
Who you are:
- Flawless, articulate and succinct communication skills in English: Excellent presentation and writing skills.
- Passionate about social media metrices & measurements, with applications in research.
- Strong collaborative skills and ability to work effectively in remote and culturally diverse teams.
What we offer:
High-performing analysts in our Gurgaon Center of Excellence will develop into thought leaders and progress on an amazing career trajectory.
In addition to an outstanding work environment with excellent growth potential, Gartner provides exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Annual bonus potential
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company. The company helps business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions. Gartner’s comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries. For more information, visit jobs.gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:35580
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top