Sr. Market Research and Analytics Specialist, PRM
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
About this role:
Research Data Analytics (RDA) provides a high quality primary research management and advice service. The Sr. Market Research & Analytics Specialist will perform internal BI analyses to form insights for CIO executives, helping them solve key business problems and transform the way their organizations operate. The role is also responsible for research study scoping & design, , results analysis (including summary, visual presentation, and data story), and ensuring appropriate data usage for multi-industry and multi-national primary research projects.
What you will do:
- Multi-source data aggregation and analysis, descriptive and prescriptive data analysis, and enhancements of internal BI analyses.
- End-to-end research design based on well-developed objectives, hypotheses, methodology, and usage intentions to support agendas in the Technology Leaders practice.
- Provide sampling and methodological expertise to ensure optimal project scope.
- Design for and apply statistical methods such as cluster analysis, factor analysis, and multivariate analysis.
- Tell the primary research data story through expert analysis, interpretation, and data visualization that convey key takeaways.
- Collaborate with the globally distributed Technology Leaders practice experts to design, analyze and identify key findings for written research, client engagements and event presentations.
- Support written research attributed to study findings. Provide peer review to ensure accurate data usage, interpretation and compelling primary research data visualizations.
- Actively promote opportunities to leverage results and improve return on research investment.
- Contribute to Primary Research team evolution and strategy through self-development and collaboration with peers.
Who you are:
- Graduate/ Post Graduate within quantitative discipline such as IT/computer science, economics, operations research, accounting, statistics, or mathematics
- At least 5 to 7 years of demonstrated experience in large-scale design, analysis and reporting (including reporting insights from data analysis) of business or consumer analytics/primary research projects; preferably in a market research or strategy consulting agency, in a planning capacity for an end-user or consultancy organization.
- 3+ years’ experience working in data analysis, quantitative research, analytics or benchmarking
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with advanced (numeric and text) analytical techniques and statistical packages/tools (e.g. nltk, gensim, scikit-learn, numpy, pandas, matplotlib, tensorflow in Python, knowledge of SPSS will be a plus)
- Hands on experience in your present job role with analysis methods like data preparation, exploratory data analysis and statistical analysis, Machine Learning (supervised/unsupervised), NLP (natural language processing for text analytics)
- Knowledge of MS Power BI, Tableau Online, MicroStrategy or other data visualization tools
- Excellent written and spoken communication
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Generous performance-based rewards
- Opportunities to strengthen market research expertise
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the valuable partner to clients in more than 10,000 distinct enterprises worldwide. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Executive Programs, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, we work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has 8,300 associates, including over 1,800 research analysts and consultants, and clients in more than 90 countries
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:38582
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
See Inside the Office of Gartner
Gartner is known as the world's leading research and advisory company. But what exactly does that mean? Gartner's teams conduct research, then design products and services based on those objective insights to help clients make the right decisions and be successful. The focus is C-suite senior executives and their teams across the enterprise.
Back to top