Sr. Manager Systems Administration
- Irving, TX
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
The role will manage a global team of Storage and Infrastructure engineers. The Sr. Manager will lead efforts to realize the tactical and strategic directions of the team and will be responsible for delivering the reliable, scalable, and agile operating platforms that are essential to Gartner’s business, applications, and data management.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and implement Systems Infrastructure plans, including; standards, documentation, processes, procedures and best practices for operating and improving Gartner’s IT infrastructure.
- Contribute to the evaluation, selection, design, development, implementation, and administration of Gartner’s global infrastructure platforms and support tools.
- Execute strategy in providing systems automation and efficiency, 24/7 server and data availability
- Drive strategy and management of data loss management capabilities; data backup/restore, replication, etc., as well as support disaster recovery planning and implementation.
- Drive efficiencies in Gartner’s investment in infrastructure; Servers, Storage, Backups, etc.
- Architect, engineer, and troubleshoot enterprise class storage systems
- Stay up to date on changes in the systems infrastructure industry to provide continuous improvement in process, procedures, tools, technologies, and capabilities.
- Ensure 24x7 availability for critical systems; participate in the strategic planning of the enterprise infrastructure; troubleshoot and resolve performance or hardware issues; perform day-to-day administrative tasks, participate in 24x7 escalations for critical systems errors/issues/outages
What you’ll need:
- 10 + years of information technology experience, at least 6 years in a relevant IT infrastructure leadership role
- Experience leading a global IT Infrastructure team
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with customers, technical and business teams
- Ability to guide or mentor other members of the IT Infrastructure team in server and storage technologies
- Understanding of the following technologies, concepts, and operating environments :
- Expert knowledge of Storage Area Networks and underlying storage systems; HP 3Par Storage required, data replication methods, and Brocade SAN Switches
- Functional Knowledge of Operating systems including; Windows Server, Linux and Unix
- Knowledgeable of X86 Server hardware, management, and monitoring systems
- Deployment and automation practices for Server and Storage
- Working knowledge of Hypervisor / Virtual System technologies
- Working knowledge of network architecture and network/application protocols
- Fundamentals of Database systems design
- Data Protection Strategies
Who you are:
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
Exposure to industry leading training and development
Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company. The company helps business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions. Gartner’s comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has more than 15,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries. For more information, visit gartner.com.
Job Requisition ID:37889
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top