Sr Graphic Designer
Gartner Creative Center of Excellence is a dynamic, energetic, in-house creative team within a global organization that has been growing by double digits for 30 consecutive quarters. To meet current business needs and fuel our growth, we’re seeking an experienced Senior Graphic Designer to contribute innovative design solutions for both digital and traditional marketing campaigns.
Our design team plays a key strategic part in evolving and championing the Gartner brand. Reporting to the Art Director, this role collaborates with other designers, editors, writers, project managers, and internal business partners throughout the organization. You’ll excel in this role if you:
- Live to innovate. On the pulse of the latest trends and forward-thinking digital solutions —you’re not afraid to take risks.
- Own your outcomes. You’re dedicated to your work, your clients and your team. You do what it takes to make it work and you’ve never missed a deadline.
- Build trust-based relationships. Forge solid connections within our team of designers, writers, editors and project managers. You’re comfortable mentoring junior staff. Gain the confidence of business partners by contributing creative solutions that meet both creative and business goals.
- Engage our clients. Concept, ask questions, offer insight, dig deeper, present and upsell our services to our business partners.
- Hone your craft. Use best practices and data-driven feedback to evolve and perfect your designs and create compelling digital campaigns aligned to our brand strategy.
- Be positive. Problem solving, collaboration, flexibility and a cheerful disposition come naturally to you.
- Education: Bachelors degree with a major graphic design, digital design, or similar major
- Experience: 6 to 8+ years of experience in a role as a graphic designer. Background working on a creative team is a plus.
- Skills: Top-notch design abilities and a meticulous eye for typography. You have a comprehensive background in digital design principles including responsive design, mobile-first design and a working knowledge of HTML/CSS (you don’t have to be a coder). You also have full command of print as a medium. You release pixel-perfect files whether they’re to a developer or a printer.
- You’re an expert in Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.) as well as Office programs like PowerPoint on a Mac platform. You’re also well versed in digital design programs like with Sketch and Adobe XD. Adobe Animate and After Effects are a bonus, but not required.
- Portfolio: A balanced selection of digital and print design samples where you were an integral contributor in the conceptualization of each concept. You’re able to speak to how you delivered for your client and what the result was.
- Design thinking: You see the big picture. You can take a high-level concept and apply it to an entire campaign. Turning complex ideas into simple solutions is how you have fun. Your colleagues are consistently in awe of how you came up with that awesome idea.
- Organizational skills: Must thrive in a fast-paced, creative environment and transition easily between projects, managing them (and your time) from start to finish. You take deadlines in stride. You see curve balls as opportunities. People marvel at your attention to detail.
- Selling it: You provide a rationale for your work at every step in the creative process. When it comes to client presentations you know how to put yourself in their shoes, speak to their objectives and how your solution meets and surpasses their needs.
- You’re interested: You’ve researched Gartner, you know what we do, our offerings, our audiences and you can’t wait to dive in.
Job ID 00020496
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top