Sr Executive Partner
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Senior Executive Partner – Global Enterprise
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Why Executive Programs (ExP)
A Gartner Executive Partner (EP) is an indispensable tool for every digital leader. ExP is an exclusive, membership-based organization serving over 7,000 CIOs and senior IT leaders across 87 countries. Our program has seen double digital growth YoY with 54% of members signing multi-year contracts. These members (including Fortune 500 companies & Governments around the world) benefit from the convenience of a single source of knowledge and insight focused on CIO-level challenges, service delivery in their context, the shared knowledge of the world's largest community of CIOs, and the assurance of Gartner objectivity and independence. Gartner’s Executive Partners act as coaches, content-providers and business advisors to Executive Programs members, and partner with colleagues across the organization to deliver service solutions utilizing Gartner products and services.
What you’ll do:
- Directly partner with 20-25 executives, within some of the world’s largest public sector organizations, as their trusted and confidential advisor.
- Provide strategic advice to senior leaders in government on digital transformation and informed use of leading-edge technologies.
- Help agencies achieve mission results through the application of industry best practices.
- Apply the appropriate tools, research, and subject matter experts to help address some of the industries’ most challenging problems.
- Lead dynamic workshops with their teams to accelerate results.
- Work in a combination of onsite and virtual settings to scale your influence and maximize your time.
- Partner with Gartner’s Sales organization and other internal partners to drive client engagement, retention, and growth.
- Executive Partners do not have a sales quota but they do support our Gartner Sales colleagues in prospect cultivation, account plan development, and value demonstration activities leading towards organic growth in assigned accounts.
- Host or participate in periodic onsite member activities including workshops, research analyst visits, roundtables and webinars, often in collaboration with Gartner Research and Advisory experts.
- Define and deliver innovative solutions by assessing member needs and developing a customized value plan in accordance with overall EXP strategy and EXP product deliverables
- Facilitate member interaction and collaboration through the EXP member community portal and assisted member connections
Who You Are:
Our most successful Executive Partners have the ability to adopt best practices, follow established processes, and embrace feedback with a mindset of continuous improvement. Gartner Executive Partners have natural curiosity and share their knowledge and expertise with Executive Programs members. They understand their members’ mission critical priorities and build trust by delivering value and leveraging key internal partnerships to drive results.
- Executive Leadership experience, at a large scale , in a complex environment
- A university graduate (Masters preferred) with 10+ years of experience working as a CIO or Consultant, or in a Senior management role within an IT capacity
- An in-depth understanding of the IT industry and the role of the CIO (including leadership, operations management, strategy and trends, use of metrics, etc.)
- In depth understanding of the business value of IT, the alignment of business and IT strategies, and leading edge technologies.
- Preferred Qualifications: Public Sector Experience
- The ideal candidate(s) should be able to demonstrate exposure to large E2E transformative initiatives having led/co-led large critical programs
- Extensive knowledge of a CIO’s focus areas and an in-depth understanding of the IT industry (including Leadership, IT Operations Management, strategy and trends, use of metrics, etc.) and priorities such as the challenges of “today’s” CIO’s and how Gartner ExP can make the difference as an advisory organization
- Advanced critical thinking and structured problem solving skills
- High tolerance and an advanced ability to lead and manage ambiguous situations
- Excellent relationship building and collaboration skills
- Superior verbal, written, facilitation and presentation skills (Executive Presence)
- Demonstrable sales and/or business development experience with CXO level executives
- Expert skills at managing multiple priorities
- Curious and hungry to learn
- Committed to making others successful
- Gravitas and confidence
- Active listening skills
Job Requisition ID:40938
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top