Sr Director, Insurance
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
Gartner is recruiting for a candidate to create research and advise clients on the critical issues impacting the insurance industry (primarily Property & Casualty) and the use of technologies in addressing them. The successful candidate will become a leading industry advisor in how IT creates value in its enablement of insurance, how to achieve the business objectives of a typical P&C insurer by leveraging technology, and what technology vendors should be considered for those initiatives. This candidate will advise insurance industry CIOs and their senior staff.
As a Sr. Director Analyst, the candidate will collaborate with other team members to identify research topics of most importance to our large clientele of insurance IT leaders in various regions of the world. The selected candidate will advise Gartner clients on a wide variety of issues including technology strategy for achieving major insurance objectives, architecture of solutions for those objectives, the application landscape, and emerging innovations.
This individual must be deeply familiar with the drivers, challenges, processes, and technologies related to the major functions of P&C insurance (e.g. underwriting, administration, billing, and claims) as well as emerging capabilities (e.g. blockchain, insurtechs and the Internet of Things). Experience as a CIO, CDO, or Enterprise Architect of a primary insurance company would be a plus.
The candidate must be willing to travel and address client inquiries in many countries and across many time zones. This Sr. Director Analyst position includes the following specific tasks:
- Advise clients, in multiple time zones and countries, in how to solve insurance company challenges at the intersection of business and IT.
- Develop research plans based on capturing client needs of today and the future.
- Prepare thought-leading, actionable written research, working in a peer review structure.
- Speak at Gartner or other conferences as a subject-matter expert.
- Demonstrate sophisticated skill at analysis - seeking out and piecing together fragments of information, extrapolating, building and applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns and drawing conclusions from partial data.
- Arrange and attend vendor briefings, vendor events, client meetings or exhibitions as required to further Gartner’s research positions.
- Assist and collaborate other parts of Gartner when required such as for sales support; support to Gartner’s separate consulting division, and other research teams.
Coverage could include but is not limited to:
- Insurance Business and Technology Trends
- P&C Core Platforms
- P&C Policy Administration
- P&C Billing
- P&C Claims
- Drones for P&C Insurance
- The Internet of Things (IoT) for P&C Insurance
- Blockchain for Insurance
- P&C Insurance Ecosystems
- 10+ years experience in the insurance industry: personal lines, commercial lines, and/or specialty insurance.
- At least 5 years of relevant IT experience on strategic technology and/or business challenges leveraging technology.
- Experience with the business and technology issues of the North American insurance market while having some context for other regions.
- Excellent understanding of information technology in insurance, its architecture, and the ability to connect the value of IT to strategic objectives.
- Understanding of the major forces impacting property and casualty insurance and how technology can be applied to create value for the insurance customers and insurance carriers.
- Knowledge of the vendors of core insurance platforms.
- Excellent analyst role skills: analytical, writing skills, presentation, and verbal communication skills.
- Eastern or Central Time Zone and proximity to an airline hub preferred
Job Requisition ID:34645
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top