Sr. Director, Infrastructure Automation
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
Senior Director, Analyst – Infrastructure Automation and Monitoring – Gartner for Technical Professionals
The successful candidate is an expert in automation. This role focuses on written and customer-facing deliverables aimed at the technical staff moving from traditional data center provisioning methods into agile, DevOps processes for datacenter and cloud infrastructure.
Key areas of focus include automation methodologies and approaches, processes and tools. Examples include server and configuration management, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), immutable infrastructure, continuous integration and development (CI/CD), and continuous configuration automation (CCA) tools. The candidate should be proficient in one or more of the following tools: vCloud Orchestrator, vCloud Director, Chef, Puppet, Ancible, Terraform or Jenkins.
Day-to-Day Job Functions
- Collaboratively write and publish analysis and positions at a regular cadence through evidence based research
- Create compelling research on infrastructure automation and monitoring aimed at technical audience
- Provide professional representation of Gartner’s brand, research, insights, and analysis to technical teams in Gartner’s client base
- Provide insights to clients through phone inquiries and through face to face interactions
- Apply personal experience and technical expertise to an array of clients, situations and industries
- Communicate complex concepts concisely and with authority
- Work with Gartner Sales executives to attract, engage and retain Gartner customers.
- Balance written research deliverables; telephone and email client contacts, conferences, webinars and travel requests
- Proactively contribute to thought leadership and research communities
- Hands on experience with infrastructure provisioning and automation tools
- In-depth technical knowledge of automation processes and methodologies
- Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, Powershell)
- Configuration management using CloudFormation, Chef & Puppet
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment
- Experience managing data center operations, including data assurance, monitoring, alerting and notifications
- Experience working with technical architecture and implementation teams
- Must be comfortable with the idea of writing 4-6 documents/year of 20-30 pages
- Robust public speaking, presentation creation and delivery – cogently leading executive level engagements in high profile enterprises
Job Requisition ID:30199
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top