Sr. Director – CEO Advisory Analyst, Startup and Midsize Enterprises
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
Gartner is seeking an experienced analyst who has business experience to advise clients and publish research oriented toward executives in start -up and emerging Software as a Service (SaaS) and Software providers. This role includes rigorous research discipline and to produce impactful publications, as well as extensive inquiry in advising these executives. Actionable advice regarding product strategy and launch, customer acquisition, business performance management and corporate development are required.
In this role, a successful candidate will be responsible for helping clients through discussion and written research to:
Identify and evaluate business model alternatives
Determine how to utilize an ecosystem to drive growth
Develop and establish alliances can we build to disrupt markets
Create an expansion strategy
Execute market expansion to minimize risk and maximize impact
Develop alternatives for successful geographical or industry expansion
Evaluate acquisition candidates
Develop critical success factors and financial indicators for successful IPO or M&A transitions
Determine key elements to a successful exit strategy
The candidate must have a background in financial or business analysis with deep knowledge of the software industry. This should include proven skills and experience as follows:
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Strong writing and data visualization skills.
- Proven understanding of the economics of the software industry and Startup company financial imperatives, priorities and concerns.
- Proven track record advising business executives and strong executive presence
- Proven ability to work effectively leading or contributing to cross-team projects
Preferred but not required experience in one or all of the following:
- Business Performance Management,
- Corporate Development,
- Customer acquisition
- Bachelor's degree in related field; Masters in Finance or Business preferred. A proven record of academic achievement is required.
- 10 years’ experience working as a financial or business analyst within the software industry preferred. Alternatively, candidate should have equivalent experience in a software business management role with responsibility for financial performance.
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate knowledge of the economics of the software industry and the key drivers of software business performance.
- A proven track record of developing quantitative models and related assumptions. Must be able to supply samples. The successful candidate must be able to create and tell the “number story” behind software market developments.
- A proven track record of writing success (commercial and/or non-commercial). Must be able to supply writing samples of sole authorship.
- Proven executive communication skills as evidenced by prior work experience presenting to or advising senior executives, investors, boards, or industry peers.
- Strong work ethic, working both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong project and time management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
Job Requisition ID:29514
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top