- Darien, CT
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
The ability to establish creditability quickly with Business Units as well as IT partners as a passionate change agent with exceptional managerial skills is necessary to succeed in this position. You must have a proven ability to establish a dynamic organization designed to meet the complex business requirements of the organization.
-Must be familiar with the systems scope and projects objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member, in order to effectively coordinate the activities of the team.
-Understand the strategic direction of the business to ensure that new features and functions are implemented to conform to stated strategies and business needs.
-Able to influence the scope and direction of initiatives across multiple levels of management and all organizational boundaries
-Strong business acumen and leadership experience - proven track record of acting as a valued partner to senior leadership.
-Ability to influence and manage the expectations of clients, team members, management and external groups
- Ability to work and collaborate with multiple teams spread across diverse geographical locations
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies
- Project work delivered on-time within budget
- All work products are delivered with high quality
- Manage a multidisciplinary development team of developers with potential to grow the team
- Develop and implement significant improvements to core systems and business processes in support of the company’s/divisions profit, growth, and customer satisfaction goals.
- Architecting, Designing, Implementing, Unit testing, Integration testing and supporting software applications and services
- Lead the review and analysis of business requirements to create technical specifications
- Drive architecture and technical design discussions
- Direct multiple technology based projects and staff in support of IT
- Responsible for the development of strategic and tactical planning of technology and people resources necessary for successful completion of several large scale projects.
- Direct technical activities to Estimate, Plan, Design, Build, Test, and Migrate solutions into production
- Direct analysis on and shape business requirements to determine technical design
- Evaluate developers following project completion identifying strengths and areas for development via a formal, written performance appraisal"
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in the field of software development.
- 11+ years experience in software development which includes web based application development experience and the ability to deploy & manage packaged applications.
- Extensive experience working with relational databases, SQL & PL/SQL is required.
- Experience with web development technologies like Java EE/Spring or .NET is required
- People management experience is required. Proven track record of hiring high caliber talent across the globe
- Prior experience must include management of remote teams including India.
- ReactJS, Bootstrap, CSS 3.0 experience is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact with other teams
- A proven track record of experience in leading the designing and deployment of large scale solutions.
- Experience in all phases of a software development life cycle
- Excellent software development and object oriented design fundamentals with a strong background in architecting software applications
Job Requisition ID:37739
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top