Sr Director Analyst - CDO Team (Remote/flexible location)
- Darien, CT
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
Senior Director Analyst – CDO Team
We’re seeking a senior analyst to join Gartner’s Chief Data Officer (CDO) Leadership team. Senior Analysts analyze, write and present thought-leading research and deliver cogent written and oral advice to premier commercial, governmental and educational institutions. In addition to advising CDOs, their research will help CIOs and CEOs to champion data centric organizations.
• Develop, write and represent research and advice as a CDO topic authority
• Guide Gartner’s clients with regard to data monetization and digital businesses
• Oversee projects such as special reports and branded documents (e.g., Magic Quadrant, Hype Cycle.)
• Assist sales team with client retention and acquisition through compelling briefings and discussions
• Travel to & present at Gartner conferences as well as assist the Sales and Conferences divisions through engaging workshops and presentations
• Apply your knowledge, research and experience to:
o Understand clients’ data and analytics issues and programs
o Provide your insights and analyses about emerging, strategic trends
o Develop and maintain well-formed and defensible opinions about data and analytics governance, methodologies and technologies
• Bachelor’s or Advanced degree in business or a data or analytics subject
• 10—15 years of leadership experience as a CDO or consultant where you provided:
o Data or analytics regulatory advice for a global corporation
o Enterprise data and analytics governance
o Enterprise data and analytics strategy and associated operating plans
o Data or analytics organization formation, staffing, training and management
• Excellent communication skills, including ability to explain complex ideas using plain business language, both written and verbal
• Exceptional influencing skills
• Self-motivated and self-disciplined
• Experience with thought-leadership and collaborative development of research analyses and positions alone and with teams
• Proven ability to deal effectively with the media
• Ability to travel 20-30%
Job Requisition ID:38167
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top