Sr Director Analyst
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
Senior Director, Analyst - End User Computing, North America, Gartner Research
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you?
Do you strive to be part of a team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage? Are you someone that is always learning and looking to discover what’s next in technology? If so, Gartner is looking for you! At Gartner, we provide an upbeat culture that thrives on teamwork, integrity and objectivity. Through constant learning and collaboration you’ll not only help clients deliver on key initiatives, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity.
About this role:
This role is responsible for providing thought leading end user computing (EUC) management research content to our Infrastructure and Operations clients through published research, client inquiry, stage presentations, teleconferences, and client meetings. It is important that you have a vision for how enterprise EUC is evolving to incorporate virtualization, mobility, cloud, consumerization, and modern management paradigms.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct on-going research and analysis in specific EUC areas targeting clients’ key initiatives
- Provide thought leading and industry best practice research on modern and traditional endpoint management, Office 365 management and support, mobile device management, EUC strategy, incorporation of mobile and endpoint computing with enterprise Digital Workplace programs, among other related topics
- Remain ahead of the curve on developments and issues within these specified areas as well as applicable adjacent areas
- Write high quality, clear, actionable, advisory research documents
- Respond to client inquiries, create materials for and deliver to clients in person, via teleconference, video conference or webinar and event presentations
- Maintain the company's industry leadership reputation by responding to press inquiries
- Proactively work with the wider sales organization and deliver outstanding sales support in order to retain and grow the business
What you’ll need:
- Subject matter expertise in enterprise EUC, with the ability to demonstrate understanding of the role EUC plays in supporting the business
- Specific in-depth practical experience at a mastery-level of, mobile and endpoint management, end user support, EUC strategy, architecture
- Specific in-depth experience with managing and supporting Office 365 services
- Experience with strategic EUC initiatives, for example BYOD, PC standardization, enterprise app stores, Mac support
- Experience with classic EUC processes, for example, PC provisioning and deployment, patching, application deployment, and end user support and the future of these functions
- General, high-level experiences with many of the other areas of concern for Infrastructure and Operations leaders, for example IT service management, asset management, and CMDB
- Demonstrated superior analytical skills, applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns while drawing and defending conclusions
- Articulate and succinct communication skill; publishing and speaking engagements an advantage
- Proven experience in both managing short and long-term projects as well as being an active project participant
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a research or technology related role
- Bachelor's or equivalent experience, Master's degree preferred
- Ability to conduct regional and global travel
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visitgartner.com to learn more.
Job Requisition ID:37923
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
See Inside the Office of Gartner
Gartner is known as the world's leading research and advisory company. But what exactly does that mean? Gartner's teams conduct research, then design products and services based on those objective insights to help clients make the right decisions and be successful. The focus is C-suite senior executives and their teams across the enterprise.
Back to top