Sr Data Scientist
At Gartner Innovation Center, we create transformative software, so technology leaders will be able to make smarter decisions in a different way.
About this role
We are searching for a talented Senior Engineer to join our team. You will have access to the best facilities, technology and expertise within the industry and will work on challenging data set problems. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a new venture, in a start-up environment where you can truly develop your skill set and knowledge.
What you’ll do
- Develop and implement taxonomy/ontology extraction algorithms
- Develop and implement search-related algorithms and validate results
- Write tools to process both structured and unstructured data
- Extract features and signals from diverse data collections
What you’ll need
- MS/PhD in Natural Language Processing, Information Retrieval or related fields
- 5+ years experience in software development, ideally with C# .NET
- Minimum 4 years working experience in several of the following:
- Machine Learning and statistical techniques
- Data mining and recommendation systems
- Natural Language Processing and Information Retrieval
- Hadoop/MapReduce and other technologies for working with large volumes of data
- User behavior modeling
- Designing large-scale, high-performance distributed systems
- Experience designing RESTful web services and working with cloud solutions, preferably Microsoft Azure
Who you are
- A team player. You get along well with your colleagues and are always ready to help get things done. You enjoy working on projects with multiple people and share knowledge.
- Passionate about learning. You thrive on complex technical challenges and are always eager to learn the latest technologies.
- Organized and detailed-oriented . You think ahead of time about how best to implement new features, and your code is clean, well-organized and properly documented.
What we offer
- A collaborative, positive culture. You’ll work with people who are as enthusiastic, smart and driven as you are. You’ll be managed by the best too.
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities. We offer the excitement of a fast-paced entrepreneurial workplace and the professional growth opportunities of an established global organization.
Outstanding compensation. We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits; including a robust time off allowance and great “perks”.
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top