Sr. Data Analyst (marketing focus)
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp are in the Digital Markets business unit within Gartner. We help small businesses find the software solutions they need to grow and succeed. Gartner Digital Markets offers the excitement of working for a start-up, balanced with the resources of an established organization, and the unique opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a fast-paced but highly collaborative environment with white space opportunity to make an impact. You will collaborate with A+ colleagues and work directly with leaders at every level. You also subscribe to our philosophy ofTeam first, always . This position reports to the Marketing Analytics Manager. You will help lead digital marketing analysis and reporting efforts to guide and advance marketing initiatives and strategies for Gartner Digital Markets. You will collaborate closely with other stakeholders to provide them with comprehensive customer behavioral insights, as well as build reports, dashboards, and new KPIs to measure business health. In an analytic capacity, this position will leverage data from a variety of disparate sources to deliver actionable insight for business decision making and monitoring.
- Develop quantitative analyses, build dashboards, and support ad hoc reporting to provide insight into performance of marketing channels and identify opportunities to drive growth in user engagement and revenue.
- Partner with internal customers (marketing, engineering, finance) to plan, develop, and execute analyses that lead to actionable insights and new business opportunities.
- Drive change through the development of new data sources or ETL processes needed to support future initiatives and improve automation efficiencies.
- Extract and manipulate data from multiple data sources including web, marketing, and transactional databases to create integrated views that give analyses a holistic perspective.
- Produce recommendations for changes and improvements to business systems and processes to ensure analytical insights can be achieved.
- Proactively identify meaningful trends or patterns that impact strategic decisions and future marketing investments and regularly share results with marketing stakeholders.
- Design targeting and testing structures to support marketing learning objectives, while ensuring results will be statistically sound and can be scaled out to a larger audience.
Who You Are:
- You're curious- You're always trying to understand the why , and you re confident in wrestling the underlying data in order to get there.
- You're flexible- You understand priorities change, requiring you to shift focus when needed, while also working on multiple projects in parallel.
- You're collaborative and you genuinely like working with people- You have emotional and professional maturity, and you thrive in environments where you can partner and work closely with a variety of teams in many different locations.
- You're positive- You love data and you understand it can sometimes be challenging, but that doesn't keep you from staying positive and enthusiastic day in and day out.
- You are an effective communicator - you possess the verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills that are essential to translating quant-based analyses into digestible, actionable insights.
- Bachelor or MS in quantitative marketing, statistics, or a related field
- A strong interest in digital marketing, and 3-5 years related experience
- Proficiency with table creation and querying using SQL
- Proficiency with generating big data visualization using Tableau or Microsoft Power BI
- Proficiency with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Omniture, Coremetrics
- Comfortable working with all Microsoft applications
- PPC platform experience a plus (AdWords and Bing)
- Brings a highly creative approach to quantitative analysis and problem solving and is able to comfortably think outside the traditional methodologies to analyze data and render findings
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to problem solving
- Strong understanding of relational databases
Job Requisition ID:G21848
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID G21848
Back to top