Sr Conferencing Engineer
Responsible for the day to day level 3 support of the current Global Conferencing services. Integration, installation and support of all conferencing services applications and tools. Make sure that all level 1 and 2 support teams have the proper documentation and training in order to support all Gartner associates and the conferencing requirements. Collaborating with management and World Wide Technical Support teams, company employees to deliver an array of customer service focusing on these technologies and internal events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Experienced working in agile environments as well as continuous development
- Understanding of Enterprise Compliance use cases at large enterprises
- Self-starter with high levels of initiative, commitment and energy who can galvanize the team to follow
- Documentation and planning all conferencing solution changes following the CR (Change Request) process.
- Support for the global conferencing services including occasional on call support.
- Upgrades of current conferencing services, manage Production, Test and QA environments.
- Troubleshooting- Level 3 escalations, and in depth analysis of problems identifying patterns related to specific regions or platform.
- Meet weekly, monthly with Conferencing Vendor to review performance and current and upcoming projects.
- Service Monitoring- Utilize various Dashboards, (Vendor and Internal) to determine health of conferencing service.
- Monitor Help Desk tickets to ensure timely resolution or escalation of reported problems.
- Collaborate with various teams within IT and other departments to ensure the high quality and delivery of the conferencing service. Network, UC, Help Desk, Tech Support, Security, business partners.
- Solid foundation of networking protocols
- Perform preventative maintenance to resolve problem or identify resolution to appropriate vendors
Skills and Abilities
- BS degree in Technology field or equivalent work experience
- 3 years of progressive conferencing solutions experience in any of the following: Cisco WebEx, Skype, Zoom, Jabber.
- Experience introducing processes were none existed.
- Ability to test, troubleshoot and work independently to resolve both customer and executive issues or problems.
- Knowledge and practical application of video conferencing
- Excellent customer service and communication (oral, listening and writing) skills
- Excellent problem solving, time management and organizational skills
- Excellent Network foundation
Job ID 00020456
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top