Sr Business Analyst
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
About this role:
This is a unique opportunity for a creative and charismatic individual to lead and support document tagging and automation initiatives for Gartner Algorithms and Data Insights Group, a fast-growing data science organization. In this role, you will work with department stakeholders and will analyze current content to develop a classification system that improves G.com content visibility and usability. You will oversee all aspects of our content tagging and the classification system. This includes editorial oversight of the tagging process as well as coordination with our content, product, and development teams.
What you’ll do:
- Enterprise taxonomy and metadata management.
- Lead and Support document tagging and tagging automation initiatives.
- Perform gap analyses of existing business taxonomies and metadata and recommend action plans to resolve issues found.
- Support on-going enhancements to include automated metadata feed rules, data transformation and normalization, classification and enrichment, and search and discovery.
- Metadata analysis and classification; search engine optimization.
- Analysis as part of the Search Center of Excellence team for enhancing user information discovery and experience.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Exceptional analytical skills, including proficiency with MS Excel, relational databases, macros, SQL coding and MS Powerpoint; familiarity python and statistical tools a plus.
- Experience and demonstrated success with taxonomy, thesaurus, and metadata framework development, SEO and content management systems.
- Experience working with digital asset management or content management systems.
- Effective time management and organization skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines independently.
- Strong communications skills and ability to work across various business units to scope and understand their needs.
- Produces exceptional quality deliverables as efficiently as possible; develop/refine key metrics to enable operational management, including productivity vs. milestones and SLAs
- Willingness to work outside the strict job description parameters, thinking creatively about how to use digital product analytics to improve business outcomes.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Ability to quickly understand complex ideas and communicate them in simple language.
- Strong Interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
Competitive base salary
Flexible work environment
A great work culture
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. Visit gartner.com to discover more.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:39182
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top