Sr Account Executive
Senior Account Executive - Public Sector
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company. We help business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions.
Our comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries.
Are you looking for a fast-paced career with outstanding advancement potential at a global market leader? If so, think about Gartner. The world’s leading research and advisory company, Gartner (NYSE:IT) delivers the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right business decisions, every day. We are seeking highly motivated, achievement-driven sales associates to contribute to our double-digit growth, backed by the solid infrastructure of a world-class sales organization. In addition to a competitive base salary, uncapped commissions and exceptional benefits, Gartner sales associates can enjoy generous performance-based rewards, including all-expense-paid trips to exotic locations around the world. Come be a part of our incredible growth organization
The Account Executive is a field sales role responsible for both client retention as well as growth through contract expansion and the introduction of new products and services. The territory for this role includes specific client accounts, and carries a sales quota of $800,000+ of contract value.
• Consult with C-level executives to develop and implement an effective, enterprise-wide strategy that maximizes the value delivered by Gartner’s products and services
• Account management with outcome of increased customer satisfaction and increase in retention & account growth
• Quota responsibility of $800,000+ of contract value within a territory of major account sized client accounts
• Mastery and consistent execution of Gartner’s internal sales methodology
• Proficient in account planning and understanding of territory management
• Manage forecast accuracy on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
• Maintain competitive knowledge & focus
• Fiscal responsibility with regards to expense management
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer committed to the value of workforce diversity.
• 8-15 years external experience with proven consultative sales, preferably experience in high technology (services, software, or consultative environment), with evidence of prior success in Sales.
• Ability to prospect and manage C-level and senior level relationships within medium and large organizations
• Strong demonstration of intellect, drive, executive presence, and sales acumen
• Proven experience building excellent client relationships, offering value added, insightful and strategic insight into their business
• Strong computer proficiency
• Excellent written and oral/presentation skills
• Ability to develop and conduct effective presentations with contract decision makers (c-level)
• Knowledge of the full life cycle of the sales process from prospecting to close
• Language requirements as determined by territory needs
• Bachelors degree, with strong evidence of success in education
• Masters or advanced degree a plus
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top