Sourcing Manager, Global Events
Responsible for the venue sourcing and contract negotiation of a global event portfolio. Includes collaboration with Event team to determine event requirements, securing optimal event space to maximize event success, build strong relationships with venues, and negotiate agreements that deliver best in class value and cost savings to the organization. Own and execute on multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Lead venue and hotel RFP’s for a portfolio of events, understanding the needs of the audience and identifying complex event space requirements in order to source suitable venue options that support our strategy.
- Management and selection of best venues, provide strategic analysis to assist with decision making.
- Lead contracting process including the negotiation of pricing and business terms, minimizing the risk to the company and delivering cost savings.
- Leverage companywide buying power to ensure company is receiving the best options at the most affordable costs.
- Develop strong relationships with hotel contacts to ensure quality standard at meetings is maintained, company expectations are met, and lines of communication are open
- Assist the Sourcing Director in creating a detailed venue directory to improve sourcing efficiencies. Continuously look for new and/or expanding venue opportunities.
- Communicate and collaborate with all parties to inspire confidence and ensure all needs are met.
- Strive for continuous improvement through ongoing contract and venue management - collaborate with onsite planners to capture venue feedback and follow up to ensure practices are adjusted accordingly where necessary.
- Exceptional project management including ownership and adherence of timelines and templates and accurately track and evaluate results on overall project goals
- Successful execution of sourcing and negotiation best practices
- Flawless client experience
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships
- Outstanding operational effectiveness and results oriented (incl. scalable and consistent processes)
- Exceptional communication and collaboration
- Ability to multitask and stay ahead of deadlines
- Achievement of financial objectives
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years event management experience including end-to-end event management
- Extensive venue sourcing experience
- Proven contract negotiation experience
- Proven budget management abilities
- Proven venue management experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills - team player who works well with others
- Client focused - superior customer service and relationship skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to multitask - high sense of urgency and prioritization
- Self-motivated, creative and innovative, strategic thinker
- Confident and collaborative mindset with ability to build and leverage relationships both internally and externally
- Strong financial management skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Fully competent in Microsoft office, especially PPT and Excel
Job ID 00020166
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top