Sourcing Director, Global Events
The Sourcing Director is responsible for the venue sourcing strategy of a global event portfolio comprising of approx. 800 events per year. This individual will provide critical strategic sourcing leadership for the organization to deliver against company initiatives related to securing optimal event space, cost reduction, standardizing sourcing processes, operating standards, and value analysis. They will create and lead a team to successfully build strong relationships with suppliers, develop long term growth plans, analyze supply markets, select suitable suppliers and negotiate agreements that deliver best in class value to the organization.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Set strategy and operational direction for the sourcing of venues across a global portolio, taking into consideration the various event types and complexities to find suitable long term solutions.
Develop detailed action plans to achieve growth goals. Be able to clearly understand and translate the needs of the audience to negotiate optimal space and terms.
Lead, communicate, and collaborate across all Gartner business units both within Event Production as well as within the company.
Lead, communicate, and collaborate across all external partners inspiring confidence and translating our strategy to ensure seamless delivery of event.
Management and selection of the best partners to support our strategy. This includes regular review and negotiation of contracts
Exceptional project management including ownership and adherence of timelines and templates and accurately track and evaluate results on overall project goals.
Provide strategic analysis to assist with the decision making of meeting locations
Lead the team responsible for selecting, evaluating and managing Gartner event venues, contract negotiations and the global calendar
Independently manage more difficult, complex contract issues, develop the Gartner position and lead negotiations
Leverage company wide buying power to ensure company is receiving the best options at the most affordable costs
Design process for data collection and analysis; package and report meetings data to senior leadership to direct decision making around event strategy
C ollaborate with onsite planners to capture positive/negative feedback regarding vendors including restaurant venues and in-house vendors. Follow up with these properties to ensure practices are adjusted accordingly
Foster strong relationships with hotel contacts to ensure quality standard at meetings is maintained, company expectations are met, and lines of communication are open
Oversee site visit process in researching, scheduling, reporting and tracking potential venues for hotels and create
Maintaining contract files and using as reference for future events/needs
Successful translation and execution of the business' event strategy to support client retention and conversion
Application of sourcing and negotiation best practices
Engagement and effective management of suppliers
Ability to conduct effective negotiations for the most complex and difficult contracts and contract modifications
Exceptional communication and collaboration across events team, event partners and key stakeholders
Build and maintain excellent relationships both internally and with suppliers/hotels
Ability to multi-task and stay ahead of deadlines
Outstanding team and portfolio management and creation of effective checks and balances
Achievement of financial objectives
- Exceptional operational efficiency and results oriented
- 10+ years of event management experience
- End-to-end Event management and delivery to Senior level clients
- Experience of working in a complex multi layered corporate environment with multiple stakeholders
- Prior experience researching, negotiating contracts for meeting services and working with hotels and external vendors
- Financial Management
- Strategic thinker
- Excellent interpersonal skills - team player who works well with others
- Proficiency in developing business cases
- Client focused - superior customer service and relationship skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to multitask - high sense of urgency and prioritization
- Team player with strong leadership skills
- Strong Executive presence
- Creative and innovative
- Confident and collaborative mindset
- Ability to build and leverage relationships both internally and externally
- Strong Financial Management Skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Fully competent in Microsoft office, especially PPT and Excel
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top