- Darien, CT
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
About this role:
Gartner is in need of a well-rounded and motivated full stack Software Developer who will be a part of a team developing and supporting Gartner‘s crowdsourcing initiatives and will contribute to our peer insight’s SCRUM team.
You will build and support the peer insights application, assist in defining software architecture, facilitate and coordinate development and test activities and work with other internal teams within Gartner.
What you'll do:
- Build software applications – Adhere to coding standards, build appropriate unit tests, integration and functional tests and deployment scripts.
- Assist in defining software architectures – Collaborates with leads to explore existing systems, determines areas of complexity, potential risks to successful implementation, learns the applications capabilities.
- Own success – Takes responsibility for successful delivery of the solutions.
- Translate designs and style guides provided by the Design team into functional user interfaces, ensuring cross browser compatibility and performance.
- Contribute to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to user interface, software architecture or new technologies.
- Work in a fast paced Agile/SCRUM environment.
What you'll need:
- Typical candidates will possess 2-4 years of relevant experience and BS in Computer Science or related fields or equivalent experience
- 2 years experience designing and developing Enterprise Java, including web applications on Tomcat
- At least 1 year experience with Spring and Hibernate is a must.
- 2 years minimum experience with SQL on Oracle databases
- Familiarity with building RESTful web services required.
- Experience with source control tools including GIT, SVN.
- Familiarity with ReactJS and Flux/Redux architecture is a plus.
- Experience with responsive design and multi-platform web development
- Familiarity with task managers and build tools, including Maven, Bamboo Gulp.js and Webpack is a plus.
Job Requisition ID:38370
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top