- Gurgaon, India
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
About the Role :
Software developer (Core Java, Framework & Databases), Demonstrating understanding of application development methods, including agile and waterfall, as well as the fundamentals of requirement specifications, design, coding and testing of business applications systems.
What you ll do:
- Performs coding and/or configuration to meet documented needs, utilizing standard procedures and techniques.
- Interfaces with the business analysts, project managers, and/or customers to clarify requirements
- Contributes to the development of test plans and participates in post-implementation reviews
- Provides daily operational support for production systems including providing on-call support
- Writes documentation that describes installation and operating procedures
- Designs simple applications/integrations and presents design to application leads for review
- Demonstrates familiarity and strong working knowledge of the relevant programming languages and tools for the application area.
- Demonstrates understanding of application development methods, including agile and waterfall, as well as the fundamentals of requirement specifications, design, coding and testing of business applications systems
- Has a strong working understanding of installed systems, with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve many problems on the existing systems supported
- Tests, implements, documents, and maintains system components based on specifications. Also modifies, tests and troubleshoots existing tools and utilities.
- Understands the structure and basic processes of the IT organization, including the roles of IT colleagues and the information and/or resources they may require.
- Builds and maintains strong working knowledge of multiple business areas and the applications that support them
- Develops a basic understanding of the industry and the products and services of the company
- Understands the interdependencies and interrelationship across the application architecture including applications not in their direct area of responsibility
- Analyzes and interprets business requirements to define and develop technical requirements/specifications
- Participates in technical design, contributing insights and ideas
- Successfully troubleshoots most application problems independently
- Receives general direction, work in progress is reviewed routinely
- Selects appropriate work procedures or approaches to address technical challenges, consistent with appropriate standards and policies
What you ll need:
- B.E./B.Tech, MCA or higher in computer science, Information System or Engineering.
- Strong knowledge of corporate finance concepts (orders, invoices, revenue)
- SQL, Experience in relational databases like Oracle, PostgreSQL and mySQL.
- Strong ability to adapt to change quickly, both business requirements and technology platforms
- 4 - 6 years of Java development experience in designing, implementing, unit, integration testing and supporting modules using Java/J2EE.
- Strong experience in Spring Framework.
Who you are:
- Enthusiastic about learning new techniques, strong analytical and problem-solving skill
- Good judgment, prompt decision-making ability, responsibility and accountability
- Commitment to team work as both a contributor and a leader
- Excellent communication, analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Any advanced certification on databases is good to have (like OCM)
What we offer:
- In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:38378
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top