Software Developer- JAVA/J2EE
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
What you’ll do:
- Designing, implementing, unit, integration testing and supporting J2EE based applications and services
- Contribute to the review and analysis of business requirements
- Collaborate on architecture and technical design discussions
- Perform and participate in code reviews, peer inspections and technical design/specifications
- Documenting and review detailed design
- Abilty to work and collaborate with a team.
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies
- Project work delivered on-time within budget
- All work products are delivered with high quality
What you’ll need:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in the field of software development.
- 1 - 2 years’ experience in software development. Web based application development experience is a plus
- Java and SQL experience with a relational database is required
- JQuery, Twitter Bootstrap, AngularJS, ReactJS experience is a plus
- Good software development and object-oriented design fundamentals
- Good problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about technology, self-learner who keeps abreast with latest developments.
- A team player who can comfortably work with distributed teams across the globe.
- Attentive to details and well organized.
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change.
- Coachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
Exposure to industry leading training and development
Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top