What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role
Software Developer focused on database side development and integration with other corporate applications. Strong analysis, design, development & incident / problem management skills with strong communication and stakeholder / customer management. Strong data anaylysis, visualization & reporting skills.
What you will do
· Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in the field of software development.
· A proven track record in design, development, maintenance & support of complex integrated applications / systems.
· Experience around Agile Methodologies.
· 2 - 5 years’ experience in software development focused on Database / backend preferably on Oracle (SQL, PLSQL).
· MySQL, SQL Server, Graph database experience is nice to have.
· Working experience in ETL & Datawarehousing.
· Exposure to CRM, Siebel, SugarCRM or Salesforce.
· Understanding of Data Science, Natural Language Processing with familiarity with Python, R, Scala and tools like Pig, Hive, Hbase, Storm, Solr, or Spark.
· Understanding of core Java, web services (Soap / Rest) & messaging formats (Json, xml).
· Understanding of cloud implementations, AWS preferred.
· Basic understanding of html, css and front end frameworks angular or react is nice to have.
· Experience in production support, incident & problem management.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Flexible work environment
- A great work culture
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A – Visit gartner.com to learn more.
What you’ll need:
· Architecting, Designing, Implementing, Unit testing, Integration testing and supporting software applications and services
· Lead, partner & review and analysis of business requirements to create technical specifications
· Drive architecture and technical design discussions.
· Systems development for assigned modules and projects, ability to multitask on multiple projects and own delivery end to end across systems.
· Unit, System, Integration testing & database query performance tuning.
Who you are:
· Ability to establish creditability quickly with Business Units as well as IT partners as a passionate change agent.
· Successful delivery of software project on schedule with no critical defects.
· Must be familiar with systems scope and projects objectives to ensure design, build and test of a robust system.
· Effectively communicate issues/concerns to project team to include development, project management, and qa.
· Understand the strategic direction to ensure that new features and functions are implemented to conform to stated strategies and business needs.
· Strong Analytic skils with ability to formulate a problem / solution in both business & technical terms.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Understanding of Incident & Problem Management with strong emphasis on root cause resolution.
Job ID 00020145
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top