What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
What you’ll do:
- Work as a member of a project team responsible for design, development and delivery of databases and data analysis software applications.
- Build and support repositories that store quantitative market statistics and market forecast data and support applications used to model, capture, and manipulate database content.
- Design databases to solve complex problems.
- Utilize understanding of data modeling concepts, such as the proper roles of conceptual, logical and physical data models.
- Assist in designing logical and physical database schemas.
- Contribute to the construction of and maintenance of extract/transform/load (ETL) processes. Produce Power BI reports, dashboards and views based on multiple queries.
- Create data layer for applications using data transfer objects and data access objects in C#.NET. Create tabular cubes in Microsoft Analysis Services and manipulate with .net or REST services.
- Perform database maintenance activities, such as tuning, optimization, capacity management and security administration.
- Create stored procedures and database triggers.
- Develop programs or mash ups in Power BI models for data cleansing, data checking, and error prevention.
- Create, maintain, and present technical documentation (such as E/R diagrams) to different audiences and levels.
- Utilize knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, including query plan optimization.
- Demonstrate understanding of data architecture concepts such as OLTP and OLAP systems, multi-dimensional databases, document databases, operational data stores, data lakes, data warehouses, data marts, staging databases and data servicing layers.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering (including Electronic), Information technology or a related quantitative field.
- Two (2) years of related information technology experience.
- Experience must include:
- Software application development using Microsoft SQL Server, including writing SQL queries, T-SQL procedures and performance tuning
- Familiarity with Data Warehousing concepts such as star schemas
- Familiarity with non-relational data stores, such as document databases, graph databases, MOLAP and ROLAP
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Relational database knowledge
- Microsoft SQL Server analysis, design, construction, testing and deployment
- Microsoft Analysis Services (SSAS), MDX, stored procedures, views
- Introductory knowledge of experience with Microsoft Power BI
- Database design (logical and physical)
- Familiarity with database security and authentication
- Data warehousing, multidimensional concepts and business intelligence tools including data visualization techniques
- Performance tuning and optimization
- Providing work estimates and delivering projects on schedule
- Working with data warehousing and business intelligence development practices and/or project experience in these disciplines
- College level mathematical background, preferably in statistics
- Data analysis in Microsoft Excel or any analytic tool
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle methods
- Experience through all phases of the system and application development life cycle
Who you are:
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Job Requisition ID:28201
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID 28201
Back to top