Software Advice - Senior Front End Engineer, Austin, TX
Gartner Digital Markets supports the technology needs of small and medium sized organizations. The business is comprised of three brands - Software Advice, Capterra and GetApp - who are the leaders in helping small businesses select the right software. For candidates exploring the technology space for their next opportunity, Gartner Digital Markets can offer the excitement of working for a start-up, balanced by the stability of a large established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in a company that is growing and transforming.
About the Job
As a software marketing company, our high-traffic web property is the bloodline to our business. We’re looking for a senior front end developer to help us move to a more modern front-end architecture which can scale in performance and functionality as we grow to become the number one resource for software buyers.
What you’ll do:
- Participate in the whole lifecycle of the project. You’ll get involved from start to finish and will be expected to communicate project status on a daily basis to your scrum team.
- Explore new technologies. We’re not afraid to try new things, and you’re the type who proactively brings new ideas and resources to the table.
What you’ll need:
- A bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent engineering exposure. A bachelor’s degree and/or coding bootcamp will have given you the foundation you need to succeed.
- A driving personality . While this isn’t a management role, we’re looking for someone who is eager to roll up their sleeves, think critically and architect solutions.
- A ‘get stuff done’ mentality (that’s GSD around here) . We are always very busy, so to keep up you’ll need to be productive, proactive and get products completed quickly.
Who you are:
- An expert at building responsive pages. You’re proficient with responsive frameworks (we use Foundation), and understand how to work with designers to create a great user experience.
- Passionate about learning. We're always trying new things and you should too. You thrive on complex technical challenges and are always eager to learn the latest technologies.
- A team player. You get along well with your colleagues and are always ready to help get things done. You have experience working with teams of users, designers and engineers.
What we offer:
- A collaborative, positive culture. You’ll work with people who are as enthusiastic, smart and driven as you are. You’ll be managed by the best too.
- Limitless growth potential. You’ll be able to see your direct impact on our growth as our performance improves.
- You'll learn cutting-edge technologies . We are always striving to use the best tools for the job and try new things. We’re early adopters, just like you.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading research and advisory company. The company helps business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions. Gartner's comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A., and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries. For more information, visit www.gartner.com .
See job description.
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top