Snr Researcher - L2, SRS, Gartner Research & Advisory
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner Research, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you’ll not only help clients deliver on the promise of digital, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in technology, Gartner is looking for you.
About this role:
The role will support the Digital IQ team by doing secondary research and creating DIQ reports. They would further support the creation of transactional as well as strategic decks that are prepared for specific clients as per their requirements. This person will also work closely with the stakeholders to understand the requirements and deliver the best quality deliverables. The job requires an open mind individual with a proactive approach and the capability to identify patterns from data.
- Use existing information and deliver secondary research analysis to support the Digital Index report publication aligned to specific industries and regions.
- Conduct research using both systematic and intuitive secondary research techniques
- Report the findings in the form of a structured report or a pre-defined framework – the broad DIQ reports with key focus on strategic decks (customization for key clients)
- Analyze the research findings and draw inferences and conclusions
- Ability and comfort to work independently on unstructured projects, collaborate proactively with different stakeholders and demonstrate full ownership of the task assigned.
- Deliver projects on time and maintain high quality standards of the deliverables
- Manage projects, timelines and provide feedback to the researchers working on those projects
- Timely escalation of things in case any challenges arises and have a solution oriented mindset
Provide constructive feedback to peers as well as be receptive to feedback from peers
What you’ll need:
- Graduate + MBA (Marketing or Ops) from leading B-schools
- 3-5 years of experience in the research industry dealing with data and creating presentations
- Strong working knowledge of PowerPoint and excel tools, including understanding of keyboard shortcuts and techniques such as lookups and pivot tables.
- Eagerness to Learn: Awareness of social media channels and learning about different brands
- Strong communication skills – oral & written: Should structure all communication for meaning and flow with strong command on English language.
- Problem Solving Skills: Analytical skills and the ability to think independently.
- Ability to manage stakeholders will be an added advantage
Who you are:
- Quantitative skills - You should be able to comprehend the requirements, ask right questions, able to play around with data and create presentations out of it.
- A team player - You get along well with your colleagues and are always ready to help get things done. You enjoy working on projects with multiple people and share knowledge.
- Passionate about learning – Be willing to learn new things always about brands, social media, etc.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner research team enjoys exceptional benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Great on job learning
- Inordinate work life balance
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. Gartner delivers the technology-related insight necessary for its clients to make the right decisions, every day.
From CIOs and senior information technology (IT) leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to supply chain professionals, digital marketing professionals and technology investors, Gartner is the valuable partner to clients in more than 10,000 distinct enterprises.
Gartner works with clients to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual roles. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A., and has almost 9,000 associates, including 1,900 research analysts and consultants, operating in more than 90 countries.
Job ID 00020512
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top