Senior UX/UI Designer - Software Advice - Austin, TX
Gartner Digital Markets supports the technology needs of small and medium sized organizations. The business is comprised of three brands - Software Advice, Capterra and GetApp - who are the leaders in helping small businesses select the right software. For candidates exploring the technology space for their next opportunity, Gartner Digital Markets can offer the excitement of working for a start-up, balanced by the stability of a large established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in a company that is growing and transforming.
About the Job:
We are looking for a talented UI/UX professional to join our the Software Advice technology team. Our site (softwareadvice.com) acts as a resource for small businesses that are looking for software and connects them with our team of advisors who can help them find the right tools to grow. In this role you’ll to take ownership of our website user experience and work on a diverse set of projects to ensure the Software Advice website is beautiful, useful and effective across all device formats.
What you’ll do:
· Understand our users. You will use data and observation to understand our users to create designs which will drive valuable user research experience & solve users problems.
· Lead our design process. You’ll represent the voice of users as you work with business and technology leaders to develop amazing design solutions for those users and our business.
· Bring designs to life. You’ll create wireframes, prototypes and sketches to communicate design ideas, firm them up in HTML and CSS, and work with the tech team on final implementation.
Measure results. Together with our product managers, you'll use tools like Google Analytics, Optimizely and Clicktale to understand the impact your designs are having
What you’ll need:
· A bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent design exposure. A bachelor’s degree and/or industry design and build experience will have given you the foundation you need to succeed.
· 5+ years of UX/UI experience. This ain’t your first rodeo - you’ve got at least 5 years of experience in leading design processes balancing user experience, business needs and technical feasibility.
· An outstanding portfolio . Your expertise shines through your examples. Your portfolio showcases your foundation in typography, visual design, interaction and mobile user experience.
· Some technical chops . You’re able to take designs through to HTML & CSS code, and own their implementation in production.
· Great communication skills. You’ll own both our product design and our design process. You’re an expert written and verbal communicator, and you love working directly with teammates to implement your work.
Who you are:
· A goal oriented designer. Design appreciation is subjective, but user experience can be quantified. You design for results.
· Pragmatic and goal oriented . On top of your artistic gifts, you are fascinated by user behavior and love to “nerd-out” by measures of effectiveness.
· Organized and deadline aware. We know we can't rush great things, but we've got some serious deadlines. Your organization and project management skills make it happen.
What we offer:
· A collaborative, positive culture . You’ll work with people who are as enthusiastic, smart and driven as you are. You’ll be managed by the best too.
· A chance to work with cutting-edge technologies. We are always striving to use the best tools for the job and try new things. We’re early adopters, just like you.
· Outstanding compensation . We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits; including a robust time off allowance and great “perks”.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading research and advisory company. The company helps business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions. Gartner's comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A., and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries. For more information, visit www.gartner.com .
See job description
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top