Senior Software Engineer - Architect (LAMP) - Software Advice - Austin, TX
Gartner Digital Markets supports the technology needs of small and medium sized organizations. The business is comprised of three brands - Software Advice, Capterra and GetApp - who are the leaders in helping small businesses select the right software. For candidates exploring the technology space for their next opportunity, Gartner Digital Markets can offer the excitement of working for a start-up, balanced by the stability of a large established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in a company that is growing and transforming.
About the Job
Software Advice is an innovative demand generation service for the software industry. We’re looking for an experienced PHP engineer with an ninja-like technical background, ready to stretch their wings into architect-minded responsibilities.
What you’ll do:
- Code. You'll spend your days writing new classes, solving interesting problems, thinking of clever algorithms and implementing solutions using techniques like websockets and REST APIs. Solve problems. You’re a bigger picture thinking and love to dig through an entire stack - considering web browsers, caching layers, load balancers, web and database servers. Set technical standards. You’re a go-to tech resource, and we’ll rely on you to set standards, provide guidance, and ensure our team follows. Explore new technologies. We’re not afraid to try new things, and you’re the type who proactively brings new ideas and resources to the table.
What you’ll need:
- A bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent engineering exposure . A bachelor’s degree and/or coding bootcamp will have given you the foundation you need to succeed. 5+ years of development experience. You’re a master of PHP, MySQL, Linux and REST APIs. You can take a holistic approach and think across all the different parts of the system. A driving personality. You’re a mover and a shaker. You have the type of personality that inspires others, roll up their sleeves, think critically and architect solutions.
- Experience in a complex technical environment. Puzzles don’t scare you. You’ve worked on applications involving many different subsystems in a service- oriented architecture.
Who you are:
- Organized and detailed-oriented . You think ahead of time about how best to implement new features, and your code is clean, well-organized and properly documented.
- A natural leader . While this isn’t a management role, we’re looking for someone who enjoys helping other developers to improve and wants to be a mentor to the team.
- Is very smart and likes to learn. You thrive on complex technical challenges and are always eager to learn the latest technologies.
What we offer:
- A collaborative, positive culture. You’ll work with people who are as enthusiastic, smart and driven as you are. You’ll be managed by the best too. Limitless growth potential. You’ll be able to see your direct impact on our growth as our performance improves. You'll learn cutting-edge technologies. We are always striving to use the best tools for the job and try new things. We’re early adopters, just like you.
See job description.
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top