Senior Researcher, Human Resources Research Practice (7+ years experience)
- Arlington, VA
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
We are seeking a Senior Principal Researcher to generate actionable business ideas through our hypothesis-focused research that help CHROs and Senior HR Leaders with their mission-critical priorities. The Gartner Human Resources Practice, with the recent acquisition of CEB, is synonymous with frame-breaking research in the HR domain on initiatives including, but not limited to, learning & development, recruiting, talent analytics, and HR function & strategy.
The team works with more than 1000+ client organizations, spanning every major industry vertical, across the world. More than 15,000 organizations, including 73% of the Global 500, rely on Gartner insight, advice and tools to achieve their mission critical priorities. Gartner's research is often cited in major news outlets including Forbes, Harvard Business Review, The Washington Post, and The Economist, allowing our firm to extend our impact even further.
How You Will Make an Impact at Gartner:
Senior Principals work closely with C-level executives to identify and produce proactive research that solves complex business challenges on a global scale. As a Senior Researcher on this team, you will:
- Engage executives from Fortune 500 and mid-size companies to identify their most pressing business challenges.
- Lead projects through Gartner's proprietary research methodology including hypothesis generation, conducting primary and secondary research, and root cause analysis to identify best-in-class solutions.
- Conduct phone interviews with executives, academics, and industry experts to discover best practices.
- Lead extensive secondary literature searches and elicit the highest quality insights for use in white papers, exclusive member webinars, and highly visible research studies.
- Present research findings to senior Gartner managers and member companies.
- Lead, develop, and mentor one or more members of the Research team.
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years of qualitative research experience
- Experience analyzing quantitative and qualitative data to identify relevant findings
- Experience conducting primary and secondary research utilizing qualitative and quantitative data
- Experience creating graphical representations of data
- At least one-year experience managing research projects end-to-end
- Experience in or desire to lead and manage a team of researchers
- Master's or PhD in a social science strongly preferred
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to teach and relay ideas, engage clients and work in a team
- Experience communicating complex data through relevant means to senior leaders
- Experience writing business related deliverables such as white papers, articles, etc.
- Prior team management experience
Job Requisition ID:32436
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top