Senior Research Specialist
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
We seek Senior Research Specialists to support the discovery of actionable business ideas that will help Fortune 500 executives transform their organizations, people, and business outcomes.
Business Research Is at the Heart of What We Do
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), is the world's leading research and advisory company and a member of the S&P 500. We equip business leaders with indispensable insights, advice and tools to achieve their mission-critical priorities today and build the successful organizations of tomorrow. Our unmatched combination of expert-led, practitioner-sourced and data-driven research steers clients toward the right decisions on the issues that matter most. We're trusted as an objective resource and critical partner by more than 12,000 organizations in more than 100 countries across all major functions, in every industry and enterprise size.
How You Will Make an Impact at Gartner:
- Learn and execute Gartner's proven methodology for conducting world-class research that helps identify best practice solutions to many of today's biggest business challenges.
- Analyze and interpret business problems using root cause analysis, hypothesis generation, survey design, bench-marking, and other qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Support and/or manage key research deliverables, including but not limited to: large research studies, white papers, case studies, presentations and webinars, guidebooks, templates, round-table discussions, or custom, in-bound research requests.
- Support the team through other tasks such as: coordinating and/or conducting research interviews with C-level executives, academics, or industry experts, organizing meetings and teleconferences, and preparing research materials and summaries for the team.
- Be a key member of the Research team and contribute to entire project life-cycle from conception to completion and presentation.
- Bachelor's degree; Social Science background preferred
- 3+ years of work experience in academic or applied research
- Experience analyzing quantitative and qualitative data
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Must be willing to work out of Arlington, VA
- Master's degree; Social Science background preferred
- Experience in a client-facing role
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience conducting primary and secondary research, including research interviews
Job Requisition ID:32623
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
See Inside the Office of Gartner
Gartner is known as the world's leading research and advisory company. But what exactly does that mean? Gartner's teams conduct research, then design products and services based on those objective insights to help clients make the right decisions and be successful. The focus is C-suite senior executives and their teams across the enterprise.
Back to top