Senior Research Analyst, IT, Gartner Research & Advisory
- Gurgaon, India
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct wide-ranging secondary literature searches and synthesize information to elicit key insights for use in how-to guides.
- Conduct interviews with senior executives, academics and industry experts in search of innovative ideas.
- Perform research by speaking with executives, vendors, and senior researchers.
- Evaluate, analyze, and structure the information for use in various research deliverable.
- Develop insights that are practical and actionable (not academic), grounded in IT executives’ workflows.
- Deliver on a regular calendar of research deliverable – how-to guides, tools, and blogs– around a specific IT functional area.
- Present research findings verbally and in writing to internal and external audiences.
- Explain complex ideas in terms busy executives can quickly absorb and apply.
- Closely collaborate with peers and senior stakeholders in India, the US, and UK, as part of your research initiatives.
What you will need:
- Master’s degree with 0-2 years of research, IT practitioner, and/or management consulting experience.
- Graduates degree with 3-5 years of research, IT practitioner, and/or management consulting experience.
Who you are:
- Some of the shared characteristics of our successful hires include:
- Strong appetite to dive deep into a given content terrain to develop expertise and distill key findings.
- Interest in how technology drives business value in large organizations worldwide.
- Ability to read and listen to lots of information and then be able to question it, restructure it, and create original insights.
- Outstanding English communications skills, including writing, graphics, and oral communication.
- Self-driven and can work as a part of geographically-distributed teams.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Ability to locate and procure information from original sources and senior executives.
- Ability to analyze quantitative and/or qualitative data to identify relevant findings.
- Ability to develop strong research relationships with business executives and content experts.
- Skill at working both independently and in a team environment.
- Aspiration to constantly learn and improve.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner research team enjoys exceptional benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Great on job learning
- Inordinate work life balance
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the valuable partner to clients in more than 10,000 distinct enterprises worldwide. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Executive Programs, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, we work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has 8,300 associates, including over 1,800 research analysts and consultants, and clients in more than 90 countries.
For more information, email email@example.com or visit www.gartner.com
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:27043
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top