Senior Project Manager
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Directs a multi-disciplinary team in an Agile/Scrum environment to develop and implement significant improvements to Gartner systems and business processes in support of the companys/divisions profit, growth, and customer satisfaction goals.
Experience with managing complex web applications from a functional program management standpoint
-Ensures Agile/Scrum process is implemented effectively and provides coaching at the team level to maximize its benefits
- Exhibits desire to continuously learn new tools, techniques, and methodologies
- Runs projects using the Agile Scrum methodologies, with a distributed team
- Effectively communicates with cross functional teams
- Has excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Interacts seamlessly with both business and project teams
- Facilitate discussions that lead to the resolution of project issues and development impediments
- Reports project progress to management and executive level stakeholders
- Communicates the release plan with key stakeholders and end users
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of Agile Software Development Methodology and incremental delivery
- Proactively helps the product owner manage the backlog
- Exhibits a desire to continuously improve, and shows a track record of improvement
- Collaborates well with both IT associates and business partners in resolving operational issues.
- Develops processes to manage operational issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Identifies systemic operational issues, resolves them as well as identifying root causes and process improvements to present similar issues
-4 year degree (Computer Science, Information Systems or relational functional field) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience
- 4+ years of experience working in an Agile Scrum environment
- Strong experience with the full software development lifecycle and software development methodologies (Agile)
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of project tracking software like Jira
- Strong ability to understand client expectations and to resolve issues that may affect delivery
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a matrix’d organization
- Self-starter, with a demonstrated ability to learn beyond formal training with a strong aptitude for delivering quality products
- Experience working with a distributed team
- Strong knowledge of product development
-The ability to establish creditability quickly with Business Units as well as IT partners as a passionate change agent is necessary to succeed in this position.
-Drive projects to successful completion, within budget and on-time
--Must be familiar with the systems scope and projects objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member, in order to effectively coordinate the activities of the team.
-Understand the strategic direction of the business to ensure that new features and functions are implemented to conform to stated strategies and business needs.
-Able to influence the scope and direction of initiatives across multiple levels of management and all organizational boundaries
-Strong business acumen and leadership experience.
-Ability to influence and manage the expectations of clients, team members, management and external groups
Job Requisition ID:37888
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
See Inside the Office of Gartner
Gartner is known as the world's leading research and advisory company. But what exactly does that mean? Gartner's teams conduct research, then design products and services based on those objective insights to help clients make the right decisions and be successful. The focus is C-suite senior executives and their teams across the enterprise.
Back to top