Senior Product Marketing Manager
We are currently seeking an entrepreneurial Senior Marketing Manager to manage marketing efforts across the Sales, Marketing & Communications Practice as well as the Financial Services Practice. This individual will be responsible for supporting the overall marketing function for the business line, supporting a team to develop and implement marketing strategies to drive customer retention, acquisition, and cross-sell. He/she will have a deep understanding of the product offerings and will utilize this understanding to develop innovative and engaging marketing initiatives. He/she will work closely with sales, product, and central marketing leadership to prioritize initiatives according to business priority while maintaining a valuable customer experience. Marketing impact is measured on revenue sourced from marketing leads, brand awareness, new product launch effectiveness, customer engagement and retention, and overall effectiveness in coordinating with relevant CEB functions and teams.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Partnering with marketing teammates to support CEB’s revenue growth by applying the full range of marketing disciplines to drive integrated marketing strategy and planning.
- Working alongside business unit teams to develop a deep understanding of product offerings and successfully develop, position, package, and communicate the value proposition to key client and prospect segments.
- Interacting directly with various functional groups, developing/presenting marketing plans and influencing their thinking on and approach to marketing projects/campaigns. Serve as marketing “expert”.
- Deploying associated marketing budget to maximize return on investment and return on objectives for the business.
- Developing compelling product messaging & positioning, competitive differentiation, and storylines for taking products to market (both existing and new product launches) through collateral, content, training materials, pitch decks, and other sales playbooks/tools.
- Developing segmentation, competitive differentiation, targeted marketing, and market opportunity assessments
- Supporting demand generation marketing by cascading and activating the commercial organization against key product initiatives and campaigns.
- Improving commercial teams’ ability to authentically engage with segments through easy-to-absorb scripting and training materials and sessions in addition to maintaining central repository for scripting and sales support tools.
- Cultivate and execute on program-specific promotional opportunities (conferences, press releases, bylined articles, co-branding partnerships, etc.) that help to generate leads and build sales pipelines.
- Develop and innovate around a multi-channel/integrated marketing communications approach to deliver member value, drive renewals and build new business.
- BS/BA required
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant marketing experience in a B2B environment ideally with experience in a services or solutions oriented businesses.
- A content and strategy orientation to marketing with strong presentation, writing, and editing skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills; Ability to present self professionally and intelligently to internal clients/colleagues.
- Ability to create and implement marketing plans, with a proven track record of success.
- Excellent program/project management and execution skills, with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- An entrepreneurial orientation with ability to apply creative approaches to marketing innovative products.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior management, managers, clients and customers.
- Ability to influence and partner with internal business partners on strategic product objectives and challenges; Foster energy and positive attitude to work with varying stakeholders and get them through to the “final mile” of action and outcomes.
- Ability to assess complex market landscape and create focused, integrated Marketing plans.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to learn substance of research quickly and graphically depict key insights; Ability to synthesize competitive information on an ongoing basis to inform marketing strategy.
- Understanding of financial concepts including P&L, balances sheets, and ROI models.
- Ability to coordinate efforts cross-functionally to achieve positive end results.
- Ability to adapt and respond appropriately to change.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a team.
- Demonstrated initiative and resourcefulness; Ability to build relationships and work well across multiple functions
- Strong analytical and communications skills to build compelling business cases in order to win internal support for the marketing programs.
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter; this individual must be adaptable, persuasive, tenacious and perce ptive and be able to execute a well-developed plan.
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top