Senior Principal - Sales Advisory
- Sydney, Australia
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
The Senior Principal is responsible for regularly interacting with C-Level Sales executives and key project leaders to foster intimate value-based relationships; applying and packaging our research insights and content to address client challenges; and sensing patterns among customer needs to influence the rolling research and events calendar. Additionally this role serves as a product lead for commercial teams in APAC and is responsible for supporting commercial calls in conjunction with revenue partners to ensure overall contract value outcomes for the program(s) they oversee.
- Apply expansive knowledge of Gartner research to help resolve high-value business problems for clients by:
- Delivering insight to clients through written and oral communications
- "Packaging" insights (i.e., through deck compilation, summary writing, project scoping, etc.) to meet client needs
- Interacting with clients through written communications, check-in calls, phone consultations, in-person briefings, webinars and larger meetings or events
- Providing world-class value for clients in both one-on-one and multi-client settings
- Lead design and management of local events and projects, delivering to firm-best standards
- Assume a leadership role in product development activities and agenda creation processes for the relevant practice area
- Act as a thought leader for the program/practice and play a leadership role in shaping the rolling research and event calendar
- Inform the direction of ongoing research and content projects via robust local market perspective; participate in checkpoint meetings with the research team as needed
- Support commercial teams by:
- Participating on calls with clients and prospective clients to diagnose issues and deliver insight "in the moment"
- Partnering with account managers and sales colleagues to build joint ownership of and accountability for commercial outcomes
- Creating internal collateral for sales and service staff
- Leading content training and reinforcement efforts with commercial teams and other advisors as needed
- Overseeing the quality of output from inbound research requests
- Utilizing and teaching appropriate advisory and diagnostic frameworks for client interactions
- Serving as a content expert in all areas within the program/practice
- Delivering value for clients through functional expertise and occasionally in cross-functional settings
- Develop third-party relationships as needed to influence product quality, speed to market of new products or network expansion
Role Qualifications and Expectations
- Outstanding record of academic achievement (Bachelor’s degree required; MBA, JD or other graduate degree preferred)
- Suggested minimum of 5+ years of related work experience in the consulting field or within B2B Sales (exposure to sales transformation projects, Sales Enablement, Sales L&D, or Sales Operations a plus)
- Exceptional facility in scripted and extemporaneous speaking to audiences of 1 to 25 (with some exposure to even larger audiences a plus)
- Executive "presence" and gravitas; can immediately establish credibility with senior executives
- Compelling interpersonal and communication skills; can work equally well independently and within a team
- Ability to master a research terrain and conduct substantive content discussions
- Strong diagnosis skills to surface client needs and hypothesise areas of support
- Comfort with synthesising and distilling large amounts of information
- Strong commercial outlook and client service ethic
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills
- Willingness to travel up to 40% of the time (largely domestic/trans-Tasman, with possible international opportunities)
- Willingness to work outside the strict job description parameters to creatively deliver exceptional client outcomes
Job Requisition ID:39969
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top