Senior Marketing Analyst
Description of role:
This position reports to the Manager, Marketing Analytics. He or she will help lead digital marketing analysis and reporting efforts to guide and advance marketing initiatives and strategies for Gartner Digital Markets. This individual will collaborate closely with other stakeholders to provide them with comprehensive customer behavioral insights, as well as build reports, dashboards, and new KPIs to measure business health. In an analytic capacity, this position will leverage data from a variety of disparate sources to deliver actionable insight for business decision making and monitoring.
- · Develop quantitative analyses, build dashboards, and support ad hoc reporting to provide insight into performance of marketing channels and identify opportunities for improvement.
- · Partner with internal customers (marketing, engineering, finance) to plan, develop, and execute analyses that lead to actionable insights and new business opportunities.
- · Extract and manipulate data from multiple data sources including customer, marketing, and transactional databases to create integrated views that give analyses a holistic perspective.
- · Produce recommendations for changes and improvements to business systems and processes to ensure analytical insights can be achieved.
- · Identify meaningful trends or patterns that impact strategic decisions and future marketing investments and regularly share results with marketing stakeholders.
- · Work with data engineers to resolve data issues that impact data accuracy, and identify data needed to support future customer growth, marketing initiatives, and analytical needs.
- · Design targeting and testing structures to support marketing learning objectives, while ensuring results will be statistically sound and can be scaled out to a larger audience.
Who You Are:
- · You’re curious – you’re always trying to understand the “why”, and you’re confident in wrestling the underlying data in order to get there.
- · You’re flexible – you understand priorities change, requiring you to shift focus when needed, while also working on multiple projects in parallel.
- · You’re collaborative – you thrive in environments where you can partner and work closely with a variety of teams in many different locations.
- · You’re positive – you love data and you understand it can sometimes be defeating, but that doesn’t keep you from staying positive and enthusiastic day in and day out.
- · Bachelor or MS in quantitative marketing or a related field with a strong interest in digital marketing
- · Proficiency with table creation and querying using SQL
- · Proficiency with generating big data visualization using Tableau or similar software
- · Brings a highly creative approach to quantitative analysis and problem solving and is able to comfortably think outside the traditional methodologies to analyze data and render findings
- · 3-5 years related experience
- · Comfortable working with all Microsoft applications
- · Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to problem solving
- · Strong understanding of relational databases
- · Exceptional analytical skills. Ability to draw conclusions and actionable recommendations based on insights derived from analysis, while presenting results with easily understood and meaningful charts and tables.
- · Strong presentation skills and executive presence, with the ability to address and influence both executive and mid-level management audiences.
- · Must be able to make intelligent business decisions in a timely manner, while working under tight deadlines on multiple projects and be comfortable working with data derived from a variety of data sources.
- · Attention to details, while able to also grasp the larger picture
- · Prioritize, provide deadlines, and define the most efficient approach to solving the requested analysis.
- · Ability to learn quickly and utilize new tools for data exploration and analysis.
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top